Ho-Ho-Ho in the Roomette?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year I took the CZ from CHI to EMY and our SCA decorated the halls of his car all the way from the roomettes back to the bedrooms - both garland and Christmas lights! Loved it!

i found some cute battery-powered lights at Lowe's. they are shaped like stars and they twinkle. only $3.99 and less of a hazard/problem! :) have fun! I am trying to plan a trip for after christmas, but this makes me wish I was traveling before the holidays!! :)
I've got a string that look like railroad lanterns. A foamers de-light!!!!!

lights are not heavy if you go with the miniature kind.
Yeah, but what about the hookers? :D
They don't need many clothes LOL
I say... go for it (the lights that is)! It would be nice to see someone with holiday cheer on the train. In 2006 and again in 2008, I did a round-trip ride out to Truckee, CA and back right before Christmas and the car attendant one way decorated and put up a string of lights... it was nice! If I thought about it, I would have decorated my room! Why not??

As for the "ho ho hookers"... as I mentioned in a previous post... I saw 2 of those on Amtrak. I got propositioned on the San Joaquin a few years back... a very overweight ho-ho-ho was asking people for some "holiday cheer" and then asking if they were staying in Bakersfield that night or were taking the bus down to LAX so she could make her plans accordingly. The other time was on the Texas Eagle when a ho-ho-ho got on in Fort Worth and was walking the sleepers propositioning people -- finally she went in for a few hours with some guy in Bedroom #B... she came out near Austin and got off the train. I was with a couple of railfans on #421 going all the way through to LAX -- so for the next 2 days we got a huge laugh out of it and nicknamed her "Trixy of the Texas Eagle turning Tricks"...

As for the "ho ho hookers"... as I mentioned in a previous post... I saw 2 of those on Amtrak. I got propositioned on the San Joaquin a few years back...
I've never noticed any overt propositioning, but I often see women latch onto some loser in the lounge car who'll buy them drinks. Some of these little dramas certainly must reach their climax in a nearby restroom where participants join the 10-Feet High Club.

As for the "ho ho hookers"... as I mentioned in a previous post... I saw 2 of those on Amtrak. I got propositioned on the San Joaquin a few years back...
I've never noticed any overt propositioning, but I often see women latch onto some loser in the lounge car who'll buy them drinks. Some of these little dramas certainly must reach their climax in a nearby restroom where participants join the 10-Feet High Club.
Actually, I think its called the 79mph club. :wub:

Yeah, I have seen that several times too on my trips -- where some good looking woman will latch on to a guy in the SSL who will buy them drinks... it's a fun thing to watch when you're going through some pretty dull scenery. The most hilareous version of that was some guy on the California Zephyr who was wine-ing and dine-ing a young lady from Naperville all the way west to California. By the time the second night rolled around (near SLC) -- I overheard the discussions where he was going to let her take his sleeper room and he was going to sleep in her seat in coach. WOW! If someone was cool (and more importantly -- cute :wub: ) I'd let them maybe have the upper bunk or something -- but wouldn't give up the whole room and go and sleep in coach!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back