giordano's, and an odd engine

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayman

Engineer
Do I remember rightly that Giordano's is the unofficial pizzeria of this forum? I'm very much enjoying my stuffed pizza on-board the Builder awaiting departure. Yum!

I saw a very odd sight at CUS coming in on the Capitol. The outbound Chief was a few tracks over and its third diesel was red with yellow lettering -- Tacoma, City of Destiny. I don't think I'll be able to post a pic for a few days. Anyone know what it was?

I saw a very odd sight at CUS coming in on the Capitol. The outbound Chief was a few tracks over and its third diesel was red with yellow lettering -- Tacoma, City of Destiny. I don't think I'll be able to post a pic for a few days. Anyone know what it was?
Maybe it's this one:

http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php...shington,%20USA

Photograph #10.

Engine #902, belonging to Sound Transit, Washington State.

Do I remember rightly that Giordano's is the unofficial pizzeria of this forum? I'm very much enjoying my stuffed pizza on-board the Builder awaiting departure. Yum!
Yes, Giordanos has become the unofficial pizzeria of Amtrak Unlimited.

Maybe it's this one:

http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php...shington,%20USA

Photograph #10.

Engine #902, belonging to Sound Transit, Washington State.
Yes, that's the one. I've got some shots of the side, which is quite pretty. But wow, how did it wind up in Chicago for one, and headed out to LA for two?! (I asked a car attendant on the platform if it was the Builder, which would have made some sense, but she was quite sure it was the Chief.)

Yes, Giordanos has become the unofficial pizzeria of Amtrak Unlimited.
And such a perfect location, too. I phoned an order from the El on my way back into the Loop after a nice tour of Chicago, and it was ready for me to pick up on the walk from the Quincy station to CUS. I love those four hour Chicago layovers.

Are the Sounder trains push/pull? If not, why does the caption say "... first southbound ...", with #902 on the front (?) and Mount Rainier to the west? :huh: (It should be to the east!)
Normal Sounder trains are indeed push/pull. In this picture the train is in pull mode, since the loco's headlights are on and not its tail lights.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are the Sounder trains push/pull? If not, why does the caption say "... first southbound ...", with #902 on the front (?) and Mount Rainier to the west? :huh: (It should be to the east!)
The tracks wind around quite a bit near Tacoma. At places, the Southbound train IS heading North, so Mt. Rainier would be on the train's right... as in the photo.

I saw that same engine arriving on the Empire Builder on Sunday. I actually saw it from the top of the Sears Tower (thanks to my 12X optical zoom lens on my camera).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back