First Class Lounge Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

denmarks

Train Travel Enthusiast
Are there first class lounges in either Seattle or Portland. I know that a first class lounge can be use prior to boarding first class. Can a lounge be used when leaving first class and changing to coach?

denmarks said:
Are there first class lounges in either Seattle or Portland.
Not in Seattle, but there is one in Portland. I've heard a rumor that Seattle might get one during the renovations though.

denmarks said:
I know that a first class lounge can be use prior to boarding first class. Can a lounge be used when leaving first class and changing to coach?
Yes, as long as it's on the same day. You can't overnight and then get in the next day when traveling in coach. Unless you happen to be a Select Plus member in the AGR program.

Oops, I forgot to add that the Portland lounge is called a Metropolitan Lounge.

Alas, that's one lounge I've yet to visit, so I can't give you directions to it.

AlanB said:
Oops, I forgot to add that the Portland lounge is called a Metropolitan Lounge.
Alas, that's one lounge I've yet to visit, so I can't give you directions to it.
If you are coming in off of a train, turn left as soon as you enter the station. If you are coming in from the street, you have to turn right, but I forget the exact layout of the inside of the station, since it's been a while since I was last inside. However, it's not very hard to find. It's off in a corner, on the opposite end of the station from the ticket counters (IIRC).

As you walk into the doors of the station from the boarding area, the met lounge is imediately left. Straight ahead are the ticket counters. To the right is baggage. To the left (left turn after you pass the met lounge) there is a corridor/hall that leads to the restrooms and a gift shop with some foodstuffs.

My concern was going from first class on the Empire Builder to coach on the Coast Starlight in Portland. There is a 4 hour layover.

denmarks said:
My concern was going from first class on the Empire Builder to coach on the Coast Starlight in Portland. There is a 4 hour layover.
If you are on time, then you will indeed be able to enjoy the comforts of Portland's Metropolitan lounge.

Just show them your ticket for the Starlight, along with your first class EB ticket stub. That will grant you access to the lounge.

Back