Fall Leaf Color Change

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim55

Service Attendant
My wife and I would like to plan a trip this fall to see the leaf color change but need ideas. I know in the past Amtrak used to bring the dome car from out West for use in the North East during the seasonal change. I have not seen anything about the dome observation car- Is it still in service? Which train route did the dome car serve on and what month is best? Any neat small towns for layovers? Thanks, any help would be appreciated Jim

My wife and I would like to plan a trip this fall to see the leaf color change but need ideas. I know in the past Amtrak used to bring the dome car from out West for use in the North East during the seasonal change. I have not seen anything about the dome observation car- Is it still in service? Which train route did the dome car serve on and what month is best? Any neat small towns for layovers? Thanks, any help would be appreciated Jim
Look for it on the Adirondack, around October. Dome doesn't run every day, 'cause there is only one dome.

In the past, the schedule has been that the dome is added in Albany going north on Thursday's, Saturday's, and Monday's. It returns in the southbound direction on Friday's, Sunday's, and Tuesday's. It takes Wednesday's off for needed work and to take a break.

Last year Whoozon1st got off at the very last US stop and stayed at a hotel not far from there. He wrote about it in his big trip report from last summer that included rolling the AU Gathering into the middle of their big trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back