Empire Service rolling stock?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During normal operation the LSL combines/splits with the LSL Boston section at Albany. The P32 DM comes off/on, the Boston section is added or dropped and the train continues towards Chicago or Boston with the Boston power (usually 2 P42) and the P32 DM would take the NYP section on the return trip. There are times ( construction/maintenance projects) when the whole consist comes up from NYP and the Boston section is a cross platform transfer. None of this has an impact on Syracuse to Rhinecliff.

During normal operation the LSL combines/splits with the LSL Boston section at Albany. The P32 DM comes off/on, the Boston section is added or dropped and the train continues towards Chicago or Boston with the Boston power (usually 2 P42) and the P32 DM would take the NYP section on the return trip. There are times ( construction/maintenance projects) when the whole consist comes up from NYP and the Boston section is a cross platform transfer. None of this has an impact on Syracuse to Rhinecliff.

Thank you for that explanation....I wasn't able to figure this out from the train schedules. And the Boston section is helpful to know about, I'd always assumed if I wanted to take the train to Boston I'd do it through NYP but Albany may be a better option.

Back