Empire Builder PRemier service

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capltd29

Lead Service Attendant
WHat is the Empire Builder Premier Service, I believe that their was a post about it a while ago. Is it just Superliner 2 cars? Is there a special menu.

Would someone care to elaborate on this?

Thanks,

Jon

The "Superior Service" Empire Builder (or whatever it's being called) is to receive the remanufactured Superliner sleepers that have come out of Beech Grove over the last few months.

In addition, all service crews will receive specialized training in some sort of "being nice to the passenger" manner. There will be extra amenities for sleeper passengers, including (IIRC) a wine/soda/cheese deal from CHI-MKE (which means passengers boarding at MKE and west will be out of luck in that regard). There are a few other changes that I'm going to have to look up to be able to say exactly what they are.

The "Superior Service" Empire Builder (or whatever it's being called) is to receive the remanufactured Superliner sleepers that have come out of Beech Grove over the last few months.
In addition, all service crews will receive specialized training in some sort of "being nice to the passenger" manner. There will be extra amenities for sleeper passengers, including (IIRC) a wine/soda/cheese deal from CHI-MKE (which means passengers boarding at MKE and west will be out of luck in that regard). There are a few other changes that I'm going to have to look up to be able to say exactly what they are.
This will allow them to charge more, I would assume???

as far as amenities are concerned, I got a Cresent flashlight key ring thing for viewliner travel and a boxed, clear glass "Capitol Limited" coffee mug for riding that train in first class, and a small travel bag for being on the (I think) Lake Shore. Do any trains give these type of amenities any more?

Midland Valley said:
as far as amenities are concerned, I got a Cresent flashlight key ring thing for viewliner travel and a boxed, clear glass "Capitol Limited" coffee mug for riding that train in first class, and a small travel bag for being on the (I think) Lake Shore. Do any trains give these type of amenities any more?
I probably have the same mug as you, no, i havent seen these recently, but they have chocolates!

It's a real shame, they could've really capitalized on this amenity.

When should this premier service start up? I'm supposed to ride it in July will this be too early?

JON

Back