Double days 16 Mar thru 16 May -- question CSP points make quad days?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NW cannonball

Conductor
Got the double days email announcement.

So, double AGR points for Amtrak travel. With the CSP double points for (almost) any travel, does that mean effectively quad points?

I'm almost sure (not quite) that the CSP card gives me 2 for 1 even when I've bought a TAP or ORCA or other local transit ticket or card.

Does that really work out to quad points on Amtrak during double days using CSP card to pay?

I've got one myself, but since I'm primarily a commuter, nearly all of my rides are 100 minimum points. In that case Chase only gives me the points based on cost. Even so, I'm getting 2.5 points plus Chase points. I don't really look at the statements though. My wife handles most of that, although I suppose I could look it up online.

I remember last year I was kind of surprised because I got double TQPs (Fast Track to Status) on my multi-ride tickets, even though the terms said they weren't eligible. The double TQPs also counted as doubled accrued points, so I got 2-1/4 points with the Select bonus, and I always paid with my Sapphire Preferred card. There was also this overlap with Double Days, and I'm not sure if both would have counted towards extra accrued points.

Back