Dome on the Cardinal

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As on other forums, corporate people read and monitor customer/consumer comments and whatever you post here will get back to Amtrak. I don't know if they can do anything about our complaints right now but at least they are aware of them. In 2012 the new Viewliners are supposed to be making their debut. It could be that the Cardinal will be expanded to a larger consist. Lets see what happens.

Trust me, they know. No need to derail a thread about the dome.

Back to the dome...

I've always wanted to ride it, but alas it will never pass through ALC.

I will be taking the Cardinal from Charlottesville to Chicago on 10/31 and return on 11/2. Will there be dome with this train?

So will the westbound Cardinal out of Washington have a dome on 10/31 or 11/7, just wondering? Or will it be the Weds run on 11/3 and 11/10.

Neither. The two westbound trips will be November 5 and November 12.
So on November 12th (Friday) it will run west out of Washington, DC? Where is it going? Will it be "in service" or dead-headed? Just wondering...

Mike
It's just a special treat for what is probably the train with the most scenic run east of Chicago and it will be open to passengers. The dome is coming east to run on the Adirondack during leaf peeper season. After that it will make trips to DC and then return to Chicago on the above dates, before returning to its home base of LA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back