Developing Grass-roots support for each long-distance route

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan:

Yes, I did mean Maine - although to make it more confusing, it is published by a company in New Hampshire.

Sorry for the "New England confusion", but the point still remains that it is paid for and organized by "the state".

Yes, I did mean Maine - although to make it more confusing, it is published by a company in New Hampshire.
Well that's actually ok that it's published in NH, since the train at least serves that state. And finally NH is actually helping to fund the train, at least a bit.

Sorry for the "New England confusion", but the point still remains that it is paid for and organized by "the state".
And that is an important point, that it is being paid for by a state, not Amtrak.

I have wondered about something for sometime and this thread seems like a good place to ask.I live 300 miles East from the closest Amtrak Station serving the SW Chief or 390 miles West of one serving the Texas Eagle. WE therefore never hear of any advertising for Amtrak, local or national.

Does Amtrak do any advertising anywhere? I suppose they may in the NEC and Chicago area but I wonder about Nation wide? If so, how often do you as a rail fan hear or see these advertisements?

I also would venture to guess that very little money if any would/could be spared for this expense.
i actually saw a billboard up for Amtrak in Dwight, IL recently(on the north side of town) when i was riding the train through there earlier this summer, so its not like they limit Midwest advertising to Chicago. so i'd say that Amtrak obviously is making somewhat of an attempt to raise awareness of their services in parts of the country, and not just in major cities. and i know i've seen pics of Amtrak billboard ads along the Heartland Flyer route in Oklahoma + Texas, plus they frequently have at least a few billboards along I-95 advertising the Auto Train(not sure if Amtrak is during this currently, but i know for sure they were doing this a few years back).

probably the reason you haven't seen this advertising is the town/city your in isn't near an Amtrak route, which is unfortunate. speaking of that, i hope to god Amtrak is doing somewhat of an effort to advertise the Texas Eagle and Sunset Ltd.(besides just the Heartland Flyer). i'd especially be interested to hear from anyone in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to see how often Amtrak advertises their services in this metro area, as 2 of Amtrak's 3 trains that run within Texas(sans the Sunset) serve Fort Worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back