Capitol Limited Bussed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What do they do with the crew? Do they just hang out on the train?
I expect so. Maybe the OBS crew is bused, but the operating crew must remain.
The CL continues on, dropping passengers off at Connellsville and Cumberland, stopping at Cumberland so some or most of the OBS crew must stay with the train. With the long delay at Cumberland, Amtrak likely sends a van to get the crew and send up a fresh operating crew to take the train to WAS once the tracks are open. Wonder how much each bus interruption costs Amtrak?

If there's only been two bustitutions since June then that's not bad at all. Thanks Ryan!

Though if I do end up on the bus I might just hop out at Martinsburg and grab a Monday MARC.
biggrin.gif
Sure it would cost me more but I do hate bus travel!

I'm taking the CL in March (my first LD trip) and I hope I don't get bussed.

Why do they work Sun-Thurs instead of Mon-Fri? That seems odd to me.
The work is M-F, bu it impacts trains that leave CHI on S-T, since it takes them a few hours to get to the work zone.
The work is Sunday through Thursday, and impacts trains originating Saturday-Wednesday.

I'll be leaving Chicago on the way to Pittsburgh then home to Harrisburg. If I'm reading this correctly, there shouldn't be any disruption in my travel, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be leaving Chicago on the way to Pittsburgh then home to Harrisburg. If I'm reading this correctly, there shouldn't be any disruption in my travel, right?
That's correct. The Capitol will operate to Pittsburgh (and on to Cumberland) regardless of how late it is running at Cleveland.

That's correct. The Capitol will operate to Pittsburgh (and on to Cumberland) regardless of how late it is running at Cleveland.
*phew* When I saw the "SERVICE ALERT!" bubble when I booked my tickets both ways, it scared me quite a bit. Honestly, I'm one of those paranoid people that worry the 4-hour layover in Pittsburgh somehow won't be enough. Of course, on my last trip, it was WAY more than needed, as the CL was over an hour late getting into Pittsburgh and there were some seriously annoying people sitting in waiting area...

I am scheduled to take the CL from Washington to Chicago on a Sunday in early May. Will my travels be impacted by this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back