"Big" Announcement Tomorrow (10/14)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

Court Jester
1377451_10151891568119014_298197884_n.jpg

We have a BIG announcement coming tomorrow. Check back to see what it is. We can't wait to share!
Looks like ALX?

I'll start the guessing by saying either:

a) Record FY13 Ridership (most likely)

b) Virginia service enhancements (most hopeful)

Sure does look like ALX.

So a BIG announcement having to do with ALX? :unsure: ALX is the biggest little station in the Amtrak network? :huh: ALX is the best and coolest station in the Amtrak network? :rolleyes: The Beech Grove shops are moving to ALX? :D It has been discovered that George Washington rode Amtrak to Philadelphia to participate in the Continental Congress where he then took command of the Continental Army before riding Amtrak to Boston? :eek:hboy: Okay, maybe not the last one... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Amtrak has previewed several big announcements on Facebook over the several years, all of which turned out to be rather underwhelming as I recall. A search for the most recent one turns up that it was about the roll-out of the All Aboard Amtrak blog. Ok that's nice, but not exactly major news.

Would not read anything into the photo being of the Alexandria station either. Could be just an available stock photo of people boarding an Amtrak train.

With the -1.9% decline in system ridership for the month of September, don't know if Amtrak will make a big fuss about another record breaking year besides just putting out a news release.

Uhhh...

Amtrak11 hours ago

Calling all foodies! We’ve teamed up with Cooking Channel and My Grandmother’s Ravioli to create a memorable family adventure! Enter today: http://bit.ly/14ZOlQx #AmtrakEats
Charlie,

Your Grandmother lives in Alexandria? :eek: Dang, she could be that crazy Italian woman who lives down the road form me. :p

And I'll bet your Grandpa lives in Glenview next to the tracks and you'll be paying him a visit later this week! :giggle:

I already entered the contest...2 or 3 days ago.

Just happened to see it on Amtrak.com when I was browsing the page for one of my trains.

They used that stock photo in their ridership report last year. That was my clue.

Hooray for ridership!

Sure does look like ALX.

So a BIG announcement having to do with ALX? :unsure: ALX is the biggest little station in the Amtrak network? :huh: ALX is the best and coolest station in the Amtrak network? :rolleyes: The Beech Grove shops are moving to ALX? :D It has been discovered that George Washington rode Amtrak to Philadelphia to participate in the Continental Congress where he then took command of the Continental Army before riding Amtrak to Boston? :eek:hboy: Okay, maybe not the last one... :lol:
So, no "Homer" predjudice here, at all? btw, what is the station you board/deTrain at most frequently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back