An AU Forum First?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFSS

Engineer
Honored Member
Many of you know RailfanLNK (Al C) and how this forum helped generate him into a great Amtrak supporter and rider. There is another forum member who doesn't post a lot that you need to know about, too.

She is Husker Mom (Brenda) and Al has asked me to let the forum know we have what I think is a first:

These two fine folks have announced their engagement to be married next year.

PM them, if you like, and offer your congratulations.

They are the first two forum members, to my knowledge, who will have been married as forum members. Maybe we can have Anthony or AlanB perform the ceremony!

So Brenda is going to have to change her name to Husker Mom LNK? :lol:

Congrats to you both, happy trails!

Ya need a license for that Tom.
Congratulations Brenda and Al! :)
Anyone can conduct a civil marriage in Massachusetts -- there's a simple form to fill out, a small fee ($25 I think), and then you are authorized by the state to perform one legal marriage. Friends of mine did this two years ago, and it allows for a lovely and very personalized marriage ceremony. So legally, Anthony could conduct the marriage. But it's possible the parties being married may also have to be Massachusetts residents, which would present a problem.

And, congratulations!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Brenda & Al!!!!

Didn't know there was that much drinking goin on at those gatherings, lol. (Just kidding)!!!

RF

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone! We are just starting to get things rolling on a private wedding, a fun honeymoon and a open house for all our friends! What I like is whenever we have had to cancel an Amtrak trip, my soon-to-be significant other is always really bummed that "we aren't taking the train". So guys, when you find a woman that loves rail travel and loves Husker (or whatever your team may be) football, propose right there on the spot! :D

So guys, when you find a woman that loves rail travel and loves Husker (or whatever your team may be) football, propose right there on the spot! :D
Amen! Any woman that's OK with a 2 week train trip around the country for a honeymoon is a keeper in my book (even if she is a Ga Tech fan).

Congrats to you both, Al.

Ya need a license for that Tom.
Congratulations Brenda and Al! :)
Anyone can conduct a civil marriage in Massachusetts -- there's a simple form to fill out, a small fee ($25 I think), and then you are authorized by the state to perform one legal marriage.
Similar law in California, although it appears that not all counties will permit it.

Thanks everyone! We are just starting to get things rolling on a private wedding, a fun honeymoon and a open house for all our friends! What I like is whenever we have had to cancel an Amtrak trip, my soon-to-be significant other is always really bummed that "we aren't taking the train". So guys, when you find a woman that loves rail travel and loves Husker (or whatever your team may be) football, propose right there on the spot! :D

Congrats to you. I found that woman 40 years ago and I did marry her. She is a pro football fan. :)

Thanks everyone! We will be staying in Chicago as part of our honeymoon and Al wanted to stay at the hostel. :angry: I wanted to kick him, but since I just had my knee replaced last week, I didn't think that was a good idea. :unsure: Anyone have any suggestions on a nice hotel in the downtown area?

Brenda

Aloha Al and Brenda

May you always enjoy the best! Congratulations on finding each other.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back