Amtrak Travel Voucher

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

Jake

I have an Amtrak Transportation Credit for $150 that I received from Amtrak about 3 years ago. It has no expiration date. Does anyone know if Amtrak still accepts these credit????

If it actually says travel voucher on it, it should have an expiration date of one year. We had one and just used it. I can't remember if the expiration date was on the voucher or not, but the policy is one year. They can be redeemed by an Amtrak travel agent, but it's easier to go to a station and get it done. They can't be used online at all and you can make a res over the phone, but still need to pay and pick-up the ticket at an agent or station. It can't hurt to try though!

bmlock said:
I can't remember if the expiration date was on the voucher or not, but the policy is one year.  
The policy is indeed one year.

However, if one turns in the voucher before it expires, a new voucher can be issued for another year, in effect granting an extension or a renewal as Amtrak calls it.

Back