ACS-64 Heads Up

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agent!

I'll be getting on the #6(28) train Monday morning at OTM.

If you're there, I'll wave from the coach car pax loading door window as we go by your video spot.

I'm going to Burlington for lunch to score some Double Days AGR points.

So, I'll wave again that evening as I return to OTM on the #5(30).

I'd like to do something like that out of MIA, but I have to go all the way to Sebring to do it; trains northbound stop only to receive passengers up to and including West Palm Beach. :(

You guys got me because I got my foam on!!!! I'm uploading the video and pictures on my flickr account. I was filming the Zephyr consist as we went past on the first Capitol Corridor out of San Jose and on the video you hear me say "Oh my God!" Not good video since I actually mostly dropped the camera! We were supposed to run to the train museum when we made it to Sacramento but instead waited for the CZ to come and took a ton of pictures.... they literally have the new car smell! As if that wasn't cool enough, the Veterans Engine was at the head end of the 3:30 Capitol Corridor train at Sacramento, we actually caught the Martinez drawbridge up and I spotted a Superliner on a Captiol Corridor consist..... whatta day!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/97163322@N02/sets/72157649288619784/

Hope this works~

Last edited by a moderator:
Agent!

I'll be getting on the #6(28) train Monday morning at OTM.

If you're there, I'll wave from the coach car pax loading door window as we go by your video spot.

I'm going to Burlington for lunch to score some Double Days AGR points.

So, I'll wave again that evening as I return to OTM on the #5(30).
For the ACS-64s, I'm going to try to be in Ottumwa itself.

Well Mr. KmH, I hope you didn't mind a late lunch.

Amtrak #6(28) with 639 and 638 (plus a pair of consecutively numbered P42s) left Ottumwa three hours and three minutes late. The 2015-built electric locomotives were next to a 1961-built baggage car. Also, a friend of mine also took a picture of the train in Ottumwa.

So if #638 and #639 are put on an eastbound Capitol Limited in a couple of days along with a new Viewliner II baggage car, will that result in a foamer overload event? :p

634 + 635 are currently up at BOS after completing the 3rd leg of their acceptance test run. Going to be heading back to WAS tomorrow (4/2).

Are the Silver Meteor and Northeast regional trains mostly ACS 64 now? I guess over half the Sprinters came in for electrical service on the northeastern corridor and the older non rebuilt AES 7 cars are pretty much getting the boot while rebuilt AES 7 will stay a little longer till deliveries finish.

Last edited by a moderator:
While leaving Chicago on the 6:00 Wolverine last night, I saw an ACS 64 attached between the second loco and baggage car of either 29 or 30 (the car numbers varied; some hadn't been switched).

While leaving Chicago on the 6:00 Wolverine last night, I saw an ACS 64 attached between the second loco and baggage car of either 29 or 30 (the car numbers varied; some hadn't been switched).
Most likely 30 since it should be heading east.

Most likely 30 since it should be heading east.
Possibly. I didn't know if it was the 29 that had arrived earlier in the day, but it was facing locos forward.

I suppose they wouldn't have started boarding just yet, as we left at 6:00 and 30 leaves at 6:45. I just didn't want to assume. :)

Back