A New AU??

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. When I click my mouse inside of the Reply box here in the thread, the box goes from being a blank white space to having a dynamic text editor that looks like Microsoft Word. I have the ability to set font, font size, style, emoticons, etc. Can you try a different browser (IE vs. Firefox vs. Chrome ...) ?

No I don't Anthony. I see nothing at all. I even have the "Enable emoticons?" button showing and checked. Maybe it's me!
Interesting. When I click my mouse inside of the Reply box here in the thread, the box goes from being a blank white space to having a dynamic text editor that looks like Microsoft Word. I have the ability to set font, font size, style, emoticons, etc. Can you try a different browser (IE vs. Firefox vs. Chrome ...) ?
Dave - after you click reply look down by the POST button (lower right) do you have a MORE REPLY OPTIONS button? If so click it and that is where you can select the emoticons, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm trying using Chrome on my iPad, and still the same. And yes Tom, I did find that even before I made the first post. Maybe it doesn't work on the iPad using either Safari or Chrome, but I use the iPad 95% of the time - and 100% when traveling!

Interesting. I don't have an iPad, but maybe others with iPads could try it and see?

Worst case, you can use the text shortcuts to the emoticons.

I like it. Something seems clearer but I can't say exactly what.

As these slight differences and tricks are mentioned, I am pretty sure I won't have any trouble getting used to it.

As others have said, thanks Anthony for your time and effort. Much appreciated here.

Dave, it looks like you are right. On an iPad, neither Safari nor Chrome will display the full editor. I use Atomic Web Browser, which will, because it has an "Identify Web Browser" setting that I can set to "Safari Desktop".

Ahh. I just tried it on my Android tablet, and I don't particularly like the mobile view. BUT! The full view works really well using Dolphin browser, identical to my Chrome view in Windows.

This is a great improvement for checking the forums on my tablet. Nice! More thanks.

I will try, but this old dog has to learn the text shortcuts! :) That one I know.
I have not tried on my tablet yet, but I can get the emoticons to work on my desktop. Although I am an "old dog," I am not ready for the glue factory yet. :giggle:

Thanks, Anthony. As mentioned in one of the comments to the bug report you posted, you can get the full editor by using Dolphin Browser and selecting "Desktop Mode" from Settings. As I said earlier, you can also do the same with Atomic Web Browser.

Emoticons are working on my Android tablet (acer iconia). :) Dave, your iPad cost you more than twice what my tablet cost me. :eek: :p :unsure:

Dave, it looks like you are right. On an iPad, neither Safari nor Chrome will display the full editor. I use Atomic Web Browser, which will, because it has an "Identify Web Browser" setting that I can set to "Safari Desktop".
Thanks Charlie! I'll try it, but which one ? Atomic Web Browser free or paid?
I think Atomic renders the editor slightly better than Dolphin. Atomic Web Browser is 99 cents and Dolphin Browser is free. AGR members, go to the AGR "Points for Shopping" portal and select iTunes. But for everyone else, the direct links are:

Atomic Web Browser: https://itunes.apple...d347929410?mt=8

Dolphin Browser: https://itunes.apple...d452204407?mt=8

[Edited to remove off-topic comment -- CHamilton :) ]

I will try, but this old dog has to learn the text shortcuts! :) That one I know.
I have not tried on my tablet yet, but I can get the emoticons to work on my desktop. Although I am an "old dog," I am not ready for the glue factory yet. :giggle:
That's an old horse. You're not just a mare, but a nightmare! :) . (By am I in trouble now!)

That's an old horse. You're not just a mare, but a nightmare! :) . (By am I in trouble now!)
Dang Dave! As a certain playwright from England once said: "Sandy hath no furry like a woman scorned! :angry2: " Or something like that. :)

Let's see what they look like.

So far a bug I see/think is quoting?
I got the above by copying your comment into a new post, highlighting it, and clicking the "quote" icon.

So far a bug I see/think is quoting?
I got the second one by clicking the "quote" button on your post.

I'm a big fan of the new look - much cleaner, IMO.

I did have to go back and recreate my avatar, fortunately it's a crop from one of my pictures, so it was easily accomplished (although I'm still getting used to dealing with the insane resolution on this Macbook Pro w/ retina display).

Edit: I'm also a fan of the new feature where if someone posts a response to a thread while you're composing a response a little window pops up and says "2 new posts. Show?".

Kudos, kudos, kudos. While I too was "used" to the previous look-and-feel, without change, progress is non-existent.

Thanks for all your hours, hard work, and thick skin for putting up with dissenters.

It worked! :) Thank you Charlie! :hi:

And for all others, whenever you download from iTunes, first go thru the AGR portal, download to your computer then download to your device. This extra step will earn you 4/$ AGR points! :excl:

Back