Name That Station!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will post this photo for Photo Shy Penny!!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w82/shanghai34/00up2_zpsca693d54.jpg[/img]

It is no longer an active train station, but the city in which it resides, has Amtrak service.
I think it is Salt Lake City again. This one appears to be the old Union Pacfic Station. The 1869 Golden Spike mural pointed me in that direction.

Absolutely Correct!! This is a beautiful station and has been preserved as part of a shopping center.

Let's try this one. Hopefully it is not too much of a close-up to make it unfair. It is an active Amtrak stop, and the photo was taken this week.

dd36938bf2e68c712ded49d03a917db4.jpg

Knew it! The station was a resturant until a few years ago. I have family in Windsor and ate their once. It was okay.

I have a photo all set to go, Im on 449 SPG-SYR now and totally forgot to post a photo using the wifi in the Albany. Don't know how to post photos from my iPhone (and don't have thering) I'll post one tonight or tomorrow.

It's Springfield! the previous photo is the corridor you use from the street to the stairs up to the waiting room. As a quick self-promotion I just uploaded a huge photo essay of the Springfield station, both the current situation and large abandoned historic station building:

In January of 1973 when I was still in college I took the train to Springfield to visit a friend at Amherst. I recall it was a Penn Central diesel pulling one coach. I had heard that the station resembled something out of the Black Hole of Calcutta, being tied with Trenton, NJ at the time for being among the worst stations. At the time I was not too into appreciating architecture, but recall hurrying through the decrepit waiting room and ticket office and hoofed it down the street to the bus station. Returning a few days later, the train was a three car through train with a lounge car of sorts that was filled with cigarette smoke and I paid a cash fare of $7.50 to New York!

amtrak_guess_4_9.jpg

Apologies for the poor quality, it's literally a photo of a photo I have one my desk. It's also one of my favorite pictures.

It's also probably really easy...
I think I know, I think I know...but I don't have a pic to post, so I'll let someone else guess.

Yessir.

7/5/1994. I'm the good looking 14 year old lad on the left, waiting for the single level Cap (WITH A DOME CAR) en route to Philmont.

Sadly, it doesn't look like my son and I will get to repeat the journey...

Yessir.7/5/1994. I'm the good looking 14 year old lad on the left, waiting for the single level Cap (WITH A DOME CAR) en route to Philmont.Sadly, it doesn't look like my son and I will get to repeat the journey...
Ryan, that is a very sweet photo. I can see why it is one of your favorites. :)

Back