No Florida High Speed Rail

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Florida DOT released the study that shows that Florida HSR would be profitable from the day one:

My link

So, it was clear political decision. Scott killed 24000 jobs, future profit and future infratructure just to satisfy his political sponsors

(one of them is Tea Party who just hate trains no matter what and the other is association of constructors who are interested in expanding I-4 highway).
And Scott still says that he trusts the gut feelings of Cox, O'Toole and the Reason Foundation over these projections. Even when they come from his own DOT.

How can anyone seriously argue with someone who's so clearly made up his mind already?
Well he trusts the conclusions of the report from the Reason Foundation since it was his former aide now at the Reason Foundation that helped to write the report that the Governor wanted, such that he would have the report to back up his decision.

Florida DOT released the study that shows that Florida HSR would be profitable from the day one:

My link

So, it was clear political decision. Scott killed 24000 jobs, future profit and future infratructure just to satisfy his political sponsors

(one of them is Tea Party who just hate trains no matter what and the other is association of constructors who are interested in expanding I-4 highway).
And Scott still says that he trusts the gut feelings of Cox, O'Toole and the Reason Foundation over these projections. Even when they come from his own DOT.

How can anyone seriously argue with someone who's so clearly made up his mind already?
Well he trusts the conclusions of the report from the Reason Foundation since it was his former aide now at the Reason Foundation that helped to write the report that the Governor wanted, such that he would have the report to back up his decision.

Alan, somehow that just seems completely unconcionable... but, <sigh>, it's apparently the way of the world...."what do you want the numbers to say?"

My link

Alan, somehow that just seems completely unconcionable... but, <sigh>, it's apparently the way of the world...."what do you want the numbers to say?"
You can prove anything you want by a careful selection of data and selective ignorance. MOST rail systems have exceeded their passenger projections.

Anyone who has been around this business for any length of time knows what the conclusions of this particular example of the three stooges (Cox, O'Toole, Reason) will be without opening the report. I think they probably have these things set up like form letters with appropriate blanks for locations, times, and other specifics that will vary from place to place. One thing for certain, the presentation and conclusions are always the same.

Back