Zephyr Roomettes

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RailFanLNK

Conductor
I'm going to some friends house tonight and wanted to check the cost of a roomette on the Zephyr going to Glenwood Springs CO from Lincoln NE. When I went to the sleeper car page everything is sold out but not the roomettes. But there is two different prices for two different roomettes. Is this a computer error or is there two different kinds of roomettes now?

There's a roomette, which is a small room for one or two people, as well as a bedroom which is a bit larger, and a family room, designed for two adults and two small children.

As for the two different roomettes, that appears to be a computer glitch of some sort. I will contact Amtrak and see if they can resolve the error.

I have seen this before when trying to book more than one roomette at a time. Often only one roomette remains at a low price and then the second one will end up costing you more because purchasing the first one will bump the second one into the next higher fare bucket. The system's way of displaying this is offering a roomette for XX price and then right below that another upgrade option will be roomette for XX price (more than the first). You'll end up having to purchase one of each if you want a total of two roomettes or just purchase the first, cheaper one and when you come back later roomettes at the next higher price will still (hopefully) be available.

how soon is your trip? perhaps the handicapped room was not booked and is being offered to the general public.

My visit tonight was my "Amtrak" visit. Some friends of ours had heard that my girlfriend and I took a "weekend" trip to Glenwood Springs from Lincoln NE. They have been pricing trips to Worlds of Fun in KC and a dinner train in Fremont NE and heard the fare we got ($255.00 RT for both of us) and started doing the math and realized they could take Amtrak for the same price as Worlds of Fun and I think the dinner train is like $60.00 a head and you go 10 miles. So they wanted to see pics, and I wanted to give them roomette/deluxe bedroom/family room prices and thats when I saw the two different prices for the roomettes which I just didn't understand. I think they will be booking a trip soon! I told them I love "taking the train". And lastly, my girlfriend and I have taken two trips now on Amtrak in 3 months. We have dated exactly TWO years today. My gift to her was 2 weeks ago I snagged a roomette for us to GSC. She thought we were going coach. My gift from her tonight was an Amtrak hat!!! She snagged it at the GSC depot without me even noticing!!!! I love the hat! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back