Yet another Service Disruption for Southwest Chief

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tennessee Traveler

Conductor
According the the Amtrak Status Maps there has been another service disruption on Southwest Chief. Eastbound 7/8 train suffered a 6 hour delay around Needles, CA. The Westbound 7/8 train last station information was from Trinidad, CO. Anyone know what happened now. I will be on the eastbound Chief departing LAX 7/27 and beginning to get nervous if this train will ever get straightened out.

Sorry to sound stupid and I don't mean to hijack your thread at all, but where in the world do you find if the LD trains are on time or not?

Generically, you can get specific status info from Amtrak.com. The maps above, which someone created, show the last reported location of each train.

Now the Amtrak Status maps are showing no. 4 approximately 8+ hours late in Arizona while number 3 was 1 hour late getting to Albuquerque. Does anyone know if no. 4 has suffered engine failure and is being pulled by a much slower freight engine or something?

I read where it blew an engine then the crew timed out. Amazingly similar to #2 which did the same thing east of San Antonio yesterday, that took 10+ hour to get from SAS to Hou... ouch

The maps above, which someone created, show the last reported location of each train.
You can get more information from them than that. If you click on the train number, it will pull up the entire trip record for the train. Click on the (+) at the upper left corner of the map and you can get to the archives for the trains which are depicted on that map. And finally, if you click on the stations which are shown as blips, the Amtrak station information will come up.

John Bobinyec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back