Wine and Cheese Report (again)!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
so for a couple to go to both day's wine and cheese it's $52. for mediocre wine and convenience store cheese. no thanks. i will save my pennies and ride "the canadian"
Umm... Why? You don't get anything free on the Canadian (the shot of cheap champaign doesn't count in my book). Or do they have a wine tasting now?
Now save your money and go Pullman if you want all the wine and liquor tastings you can take! Ha.
when yarrow and i took the canadian(2yrs ago last april, toronto to vancouver in a section for an express deal of about $1600 both of us included round trip) there was a wine tasting in the park car which alternated daily with a beer tasting. iirc, the champagne and fancy snacks on boarding were also served daily. of course you always have the coffee,tea, cookies,crackers and fresh made muffins in the park car
Ahh. Was the wine/ beer tasting free? When I rode last winter (January of 2013) there was nothing like that. I do remember the champaign and fancy snacks.
the tastings were free as were the snacks and beverages in the park car. we bought some postcards from the attendant in the skyline dome and that was our only purchase

Are the same wines offered at the tasting available for purchase by the glass at dinnertime in the PPC? That used to be how it worked--useful for previewing possibility of a better wine with dinner.
Yes. IIRC $5/glass or $25/bottle, compared to $6/glass or $15/half bottle for whatever they are serving in the dining car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back