Wifi at Chicago, LA and Washington Union stations?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

user 6862

Engineer
Is there open or free access wifi at Chicago, LA and Washington Union stations in the lounges?

Thanks

Chicago, yes. The password is posted in the lounge near the computers.

Washington, yes. Don't recall if password is needed.

LA - alas, I did not have time to see the lounge my one time there, but I think it does.

LA yes. The attendant that checked me in gave me the password of the day when I checked in. I left my luggage behind a comfy chair and plugged the laptop in to charge while I went to Phillipe's for breakfast.

Before the recent construction at SAC, I did get a signal near where the new "sleeper passenger lounge" is now.

Any word on recent progress with the SAC interior? I'll be there early morning on 3/16.

In LAUS, wifi is offered in Amtrak's Metropolitan Lounge but, not the station in general. Last year when there, the password resembled a phone number (I'm guessing it was!).

In LAUS, wifi is offered in Amtrak's Metropolitan Lounge but, not the station in general. Last year when there, the password resembled a phone number (I'm guessing it was!).
...except that WiFi is *also* offered by Metro (the subway operator) in the LA station in general. That WiFi is usable from the main waiting room and the gardens; the signal does not reach upstairs to the Metro Lounge or the platforms.

You can't get WiFi on the platforms in LA, amusingly.

Unless, perhaps, the CS consist (with PPC attached) is in the station and the PPC's wifi is activated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back