Why are the Capitol Limiteds and the LSL running so late?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlobalistPotato

Lead Service Attendant
I look at the Amtrak status maps, and I see that both the Capitol Limited and Lake Shore Limiteds are running VERY late.

Most of everything else in the east is fine though...

For instance, train 48(18) is 6 hours late, just departed Toledo. It's supposed to be in New York State by now... It departed Chicago 5 hours late

Train 49(18) is about 1 hour and 17 minutes late...

Train 29 (18) is 3 hours late.

Train 30(18) left Chicago about 2 hours late and has stayed in that range since.

The westbound trains left the East Coast on time, but by the time they reached Ohio, they were about 2 hours late.

The Eastbound trains simply left Chicago late already.

Does anyone know what happened?

Lots of pretty severe thunderstorms around here, I know that the MARC Burnswick Line (which the CL uses from WAS to Martinsburg, WV) had slow orders for flash flood warnings yesterday afternoon.

Amtrak held Capitol Limited (CL) on 19 May in Chicago because Empire Builder (EB) (train 8) was going to arrive Chicago 3 hours late. EB had 12 passengers with sleeping car reservations on CL for 19 May. Amtrak decided holding CL until EB arrived was more economically feasible than putting 12 passengers up for the night in Chicago at Amtrak's expense. My wife and I were on EB that day and Amtrak announced over the intercom Amtrak would hold CL in Chicago for EB passengers, we all cheered. CL was supposed to be delayed only 30 minutes, but EB got deplayed because of a commuter train in Chicago so that deplayed CL departing that day by almost 2 hours.

That is nothing, the train from Reno number 5 was 10 hours late yesterday,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back