Where'd the 'Big Announcement' thread go?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If... if my Timetables guess is correct for that clue, maybe it has something to do with an old route being reinstated.
I'm sure with all of the insiders on this board, we'd already know about something like JAX - NOL coming back.
If it's a new route (and I don't think it is), then I would look at the "#AllAboard" hint, and I would therefore assume that it was associated with "All Aboard Florida", perhaps an announcement that there was an agreement for Amtrak FEC service.

But I think that's extremely unlikely. One of the giveaway hints is that there are clearly *photographs* involved -- look at the 'photo of the week' bit. It's "interactive", "user-generated", and a "labor of love". It could be an Amtrak program to link user-submitted photos of Amtrak trains and stations into the official Amtrak website information for the stations and trains.

Obviously Amtrak is launching a new online game in which pax battle it out, Jeopardy-style, for priority dispatching of the train they are on. The winners will not only get to their destination first, but also earn bonus AGR points - which as we all know here - can be used for travel wherever Amtrak goes. :giggle:

I think some folks here are about to 'clean up'! :p

See they feature our Friend Leo of the Silver Trains as an Outstanding SCA!!! He's the Best I've Seen and his Running Buddy Vic is also Outstanding!!! This looks like a Well Done Site, should be Fun for Amtrak Buffs who like to Waste Time on Computers! ^_^

I see it must have been moved again-so what was the big announcement?
There was no big announcement. They introduced an Amtrak blog.
Well, to be fair, @Amtrak never called it a big announcement.

They said they were going to reveal a big surprise.

Getting the word out about your brand is, obviously, all about marketing.

A lot were sure that the only thing they were going to reveal was the Spring AGR promo.

Granted, it's not a *big* surprise but it's definitely something new and different for Amtrak and it will be a useful tool for a lot of Amtrak pax.

It's not the Niantic River Bridge, whatever the heck that is, but I like the blog a lot and appreciate their efforts.

See they feature our Friend Leo of the Silver Trains as an Outstanding SCA!!! He's the Best I've Seen and his Running Buddy Vic is also Outstanding!!! This looks like a Well Done Site, should be Fun for Amtrak Buffs who like to Waste Time on Computers! ^_^

Edited - I had the wrong name, I was thinking of someone else, and I just went to the blog.... not sure I ever rode with this SCA. Odds are slim, with my few Silver trips.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leo's one of the best, no doubt there. I remember him running across me playing Railroad Tycoon while I was on the Meteor headed for NYP, and talking with him about how packed the train was for the '09 inauguration.

If you rode with either Leo or Vic, you'd know it! They are the BEST of the best - I wish all SCA's were like them! ;)
I've never been lucky enough to be in a sleeper while they where the SCA, but I was lucky enough to be aboard The Star recently when Ryan (No not the Ryan from here ;) ) was my SCA. He is new - been with Amtrak about 6 months, and still on the board - but he did an EXCELLENT job! Friendly, efficient and giving it his all. Hialeah seems to have made some good hires recently. :)

EDIT: I called CR this afternoon and gave them positive feedback about Ryan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back