Where to stay along CZ route except Denver

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG you and I have more in common that we realize. My husband passed away a year ago September. I had always wanted to travel to the west coast by train, but with a year of severe grieving, I felt I deserved more than just one trip. So I am taking a trip to every corner of the country, well not exactly, I am only going to Orlando and LA, not the exact corners, but close. LOL

Anyway, to keep this thread on topic, I have changed up my schedule and am now going to take the CZ westbound and stay in Glenwood Springs for three days, then travel up to Seattle to see a Mariners game then back to Sacramento and the CZ back to Chicago stopping in Grand Junction for two days.

Has anyone stayed in Grand Junction and where is the best place to stay there?
I have and do not, under any circumstances stay at the Rodway Inn. I made that mistake and it is a complete dump. There are 3 good options walking distance from the station: Springhill Suites, Fairfield Inn & Suites (both Marriot properties) and Historic Hotel Melrose. There is also an Enterprise Rent a Car 3 blocks from the station and of course, they'll pick you up.

If you like guacamole head to La Bamba, it's some of the I've ever had.

I've always thought it might be fun to spend a day or so in Helper, Utah. Has anybody done that? I'm told the town has a worthwhile railroad museum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back