Where is the smoothest ride on the upper level and how do you get it?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lteak

Train Attendant
We are returning to Albuquerque from Los Angeles. Coming to LA was miserable. We had the last row of the last car on the upper level and it rocked and rolled and swayed something awful. This is our first trip. Is there a way to get a smoother trip? We were assigned those seats in Albuquerque.

The last car of the train, particularly over the rear trucks, is always going to be one of the roughest rides out there, since there's no car behind it to damp the swaying motion.

See if you can get a seat in a different car, or, if not, spend some time in the lounge.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have found that the middle of the car rides much, much smoother......
smile.gif

Even if you can get in the last car but near the front of the car it's not too bad really. I was going from CHI to FLG on the SWC and I always got put there. I liked it because we had very little traffic going through (only the people at the back of the last car were passing us)

We had the last car on the EB going out to Whitefish, and it was fine... on our way back to MN we had 3rd car from front, and going though I am guessing Fargo or Grandfork, it was ROUGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back