Where does she stay?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmtrakPDX

Train Attendant
Found the home of my dreams... at least for a rail fan.

Looking out over the PDX station.

I know that the EB ends here. I see it come in, and I watch it leave the next day. But I've been wondering, where do they keep it overnight?

Thanks,

Sam

It doesn't stay overnight. Under normal operating conditions, the train that's scheduled to arrive around 10 AM from Chicago is the

train that departs the same afternoon around 4:45 PM.

In fact, under normal operating conditions there are no Amtrak trains that spend the night in PDX. The two Cascades trainsets that

spend the night in Oregon do so in Eugene.

In fact, under normal operating conditions there are no Amtrak trains that spend the night in PDX.
Hmmm, back when governor Tom McCall famously said, "Come visit us again and again. ... But for heaven's sake, don't come here to live." I didn't think he was talking about trains. :p

if you mean apartment, I'm guessing you mean the Yards at Union Station, directly across the tracks from Union Station.
I've always figured if you live there you gotta love trains and train noises. :wub: A little pricey for me; and the wife just doesn't like stairs - except the ones that lead to a superliner roomette. :)

if you mean apartment, I'm guessing you mean the Yards at Union Station, directly across the tracks from Union Station.
I've always figured if you live there you gotta love trains and train noises. :wub: A little pricey for me; and the wife just doesn't like stairs - except the ones that lead to a superliner roomette. :)
During my T&R layovers I have often wanted to walk over there and see if they were rentals or condos. I certainly wouldnt mind a unit overlooking the station! (Though if I REALLY had my railfan dream home it would be about 3 blocks north of downtown Edmonds just above the tracks (A former college prof lived on one of those homes and I have often dreamed of what it would be like to look out my dining room window & see a brace of Dash9s (or even the beauty of a P42)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back