whats up with the texas eagle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrakwolverine

Engineer
anyone know what happend. it was running yesterday about a hour late and now it says

Information Unavailable: Sorry, due to a service disruption, we are unable to provide estimated departure and arrival times. For additional assistance, please contact us at 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).
does this mean it broke down again or is there flooding again it was supposed to arrive today in LA at 10:10PM this is train 421

Last edited by a moderator:
It means something happened such that Amtrak's automated time keeping system can't track it. An example of when this would happen is if the Silver Star skips tampa due to lateness. The computer, confused as to why it didn't stop there, kicks it out and screams SERVICE DISRUPTION!

It means something happened such that Amtrak's automated time keeping system can't track it. An example of when this would happen is if the Silver Star skips tampa due to lateness. The computer, confused as to why it didn't stop there, kicks it out and screams SERVICE DISRUPTION!
They will actually skip Tampa? When this happens do they just bus passengers from Tampa to another station for the connection?

Very possibly it was affected by the MO/AR flooding. That is exactly the information I got when I was traveling and the train was "bused" because of flooding.

I'm hoping it's cleared by mid-May when I plan to travel again, otherwise I will be cancelling my tickets and driving myself. I will never ride one of the Amtrak-hired "emergency" buses again; it was a truly miserable trip.

No. Not in this case,

UP put 30 cars on the ground at Glamis, Ca (This is the Yuma sub). #2 was held in Los Angeles while #1 was canceled in Tucson. Bus bridge between the two sets.

No. Not in this case,
UP put 30 cars on the ground at Glamis, Ca (This is the Yuma sub). #2 was held in Los Angeles while #1 was canceled in Tucson. Bus bridge between the two sets.
I know it's at least double tracked through there and I think UP is triple tracking it even now. Shame they could not just clear one of the tracks and let it pass....

No. Not in this case,
I know it's at least double tracked through there and I think UP is triple tracking it even now. Shame they could not just clear one of the tracks and let it pass....

No, the yuma sub is NOT double tracked between the east end of Thousand Palms siding near PSN (Palm Springs, CA) and just west of Yuma, AZ. All in all about 110 miles of single track. This part of the subdivision is PLANNED to be double track in the next year, but not yet. The double tracking has begun at Garnett, which is the siding that the double track originally ended up coming up the hill from Beaumont. From Garnett, the UP has been putting in double track, but the newest trackwork has not stretched any further then Indio, CA (about 10 miles from Palm Springs, CA going east).

No. Not in this case,

No, the yuma sub is NOT double tracked between the east end of Thousand Palms siding near PSN (Palm Springs, CA) and just west of Yuma, AZ. All in all about 110 miles of single track. This part of the subdivision is PLANNED to be double track in the next year, but not yet. The double tracking has begun at Garnett, which is the siding that the double track originally ended up coming up the hill from Beaumont. From Garnett, the UP has been putting in double track, but the newest trackwork has not stretched any further then Indio, CA (about 10 miles from Palm Springs, CA going east).
I stand corrected!! :)

No. Not in this case,

I stand corrected!! :)

:) . Now, if you were talking about the Lordsburg sub portion of the Transcon, east of Tucson (running from El Paso, TX to Tucson), then yes, that line is almost completely double tracked now.

Even if it was double tracked, 30 cars on the ground usually means that both tracks will be blocked unless they are on different alignments, and it will take at least several hours to get even one track back in service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back