What's up with the SWC today? #4

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dspacekd

Train Attendant
What's up with the SWC today? #4 is expected 6-7 hours late into CHI tonight! Anyone know why?

Also, what route was this train supposed to operate when it go into CHI?

Clearly, the train got delayed. *Cpt. Obvious*

The SWC will be serviced in Chicago, turned, and sent out the next day (if possible) back to LA. They stopped interlining it with the Capitol Limited a while ago.

The SWC will be serviced in Chicago, turned, and sent out the next day (if possible) back to LA. They stopped interlining it with the Capitol Limited a while ago.
By interlining do you mean connecting passengers to the Capitol Limited from the inbound SWC? Or Do you mean using the inbound SWC equipment for the departing Capitol Limited?

Reason I ask is because this Friday I'm taking the SWC and connecting to the Capitol Limited to WAS, and that's how Amtrak booked me via the website. I hope the train isn't canceled with all this flooding

The Capitol Limited uses a different equipment pool than the SWC. Partly because the Capitol Limited runs with refurbished Superliner I sleepers (So-called "Enhanced" sleepers). Also because its supposed to get a CCC in the near future. Heaven forbid.

By interlining do you mean connecting passengers to the Capitol Limited from the inbound SWC? Or Do you mean using the inbound SWC equipment for the departing Capitol Limited?

Reason I ask is because this Friday I'm taking the SWC and connecting to the Capitol Limited to WAS, and that's how Amtrak booked me via the website. I hope the train isn't canceled with all this flooding
Years ago, the cars that arrived as the SWC in CHI went out as the CL, and the cars that arrived as the CL went out as the SWC. But they stopped doing that a while back. Now each train has their own pool of cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back