what's up with 22 (5/15)?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fillyjonk

OBS Chief
I'm supposed to catch 22 at MIN this afternoon. Because I have a 2+ hour drive to get there, I like to keep up with train progress.

Seems they have not left SAS yet - more than an hour and a half late.

I really do not want to deal with a cancellation and rescheduling at last minute (I have a roommette)

Anyone know what's up? This is not supposed to be a bustitution day.

Today's # 1 was 5 Hours Late into SAS resulting in #22,( which was 3 Hours Late last night into SAS)having a 2 Hour Delay in Departure this Morning due to Crew Rest/relief and Switching/ Connections in SAS.

I'd expect # 22 to run 2 Hours Late to FTW and have some delay in FTW due to the Trackwork @ Tower #55. The Eagles have been Leaving/ Arriving into CHI Late to Very Late for several days, I'd guess due to bad weather!

Keep track via Julie or Amtrak Train Status, at the minimum expect #22 to be at least 2 Hours down into Longview!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Jim. I figured as much. A train that's late getting into FTW is usually a lot later leaving Dallas.

Well, I won't leave any early, but I don't think I'll take a chance on leaving 2 hours late....because this would then be the one freak time when the TE makes up time.

Just hope there's still an open seat in the diner for dinner once I get on.

Anyone have an update as to how 22 is doing into LRK I know Julie says 1.5 late what are the chances of making up time?

Looks like its going to be @ least 3 Hours Down into Longview! With the trackwork around FTW, increasing UP freight traffic and losing its window its not looking good as to OTP for the Eagles right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back