What kinds of beer are served on the Crescent and Silver Meteor?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Budweiser is supposed to be a German beer brewed in America, but now bought by Germans.
Actually, they were bought by Belgians (well Belgians/Brazilians to be more precise.)
Budweiser is actually originally Budweiser Budvar which is a Czech Beer and a very good one at that far better than American Budweiser.

Right now I'm sat in the UK drinking Sierra Navada Pale Ale brewed in the US and imported, brought from my local supermarket 4 for £6.00 - about $8.75 or roughly what it costs for 1 on Amtrak!

Right now I'm sat in the UK drinking Sierra Navada Pale Ale brewed in the US and imported, brought from my local supermarket 4 for £6.00 - about $8.75 or roughly what it costs for 1 on Amtrak!
Sierra Nevada has a tasting room just a block away from the Berkeley Amtrak station. They only sell in four complete 4 oz tastings. I've had some interesting experiences there, including the time I was so buzzed I missed getting off at the Richmond station, and got a note for a ride back from Martinez.

http://www.sierranevada.com/brewery/california/torpedoroom"]http://www.sierranevada.com/brewery/california/torpedoroom

torpedoroombannersignslideshow.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
They brew Sierra Nevada about an hour and a half from here in Chico. Having lunch at their brewery is my favorite excuse for a trip up there. If you can figure out a way for me to sneak a sixer in my carry on bag I'll drop it off for you when I'm in Liverpool in September :cool: . Right now I'm imbibing with my new favorite brew out of Scotland Innis & Gunn.

They brew Sierra Nevada about an hour and a half from here in Chico. Having lunch at their brewery is my favorite excuse for a trip up there. If you can figure out a way for me to sneak a sixer in my carry on bag I'll drop it off for you when I'm in Liverpool in September :cool: . Right now I'm imbibing with my new favorite brew out of Scotland Innis & Gunn.
Been there once while I was in town. I asked for a recommendation, and a local said it was slim pickings but Sierra Nevada was probably the best option in town.

I mentioned their tasting room. Normally growlers can only be filled at a brewery or licensed brewpub, but there's an exception for facilities owned by the brewer, which can use a "duplicate license". Brewers are going to fight tooth and nail if bars attempt to get the right to fill growlers.

While I do enjoy Sierra Nevada, Russian River Brewing is better to me. Also much harder to find and more expensive.

Been there once while I was in town. I asked for a recommendation, and a local said it was slim pickings but Sierra Nevada was probably the best option in town.

I mentioned their tasting room. Normally growlers can only be filled at a brewery or licensed brewpub, but there's an exception for facilities owned by the brewer, which can use a "duplicate license". Brewers are going to fight tooth and nail if bars attempt to get the right to fill growlers.

While I do enjoy Sierra Nevada, Russian River Brewing is better to me. Also much harder to find and more expensive.
Russian River's fine, for me the best time to go is in February when the younger makes his appearance. However, I must confess that I like Consecration and Supplication better than either the elder or the younger. However, Knee Deep brewing up in Auburn produces a double IPA called "Hoptologist" which is on par with Russian River's elder.

Been there once while I was in town. I asked for a recommendation, and a local said it was slim pickings but Sierra Nevada was probably the best option in town. I mentioned their tasting room. Normally growlers can only be filled at a brewery or licensed brewpub, but there's an exception for facilities owned by the brewer, which can use a "duplicate license". Brewers are going to fight tooth and nail if bars attempt to get the right to fill growlers. While I do enjoy Sierra Nevada, Russian River Brewing is better to me. Also much harder to find and more expensive.
Russian River's fine, for me the best time to go is in February when the younger makes his appearance. However, I must confess that I like Consecration and Supplication better than either the elder or the younger. However, Knee Deep brewing up in Auburn produces a double IPA called "Hoptologist" which is on par with Russian River's elder.
I have a bottle of Supplication. It's been sitting in my fridge for over a year.

I recall the first time I had it. We got the sampler rack and I worked my way through it. I eventually got to the sours, and as soon as I tasted it and made a face, someone at the next table said "first time drinking a sour?" He also said they were the most expensive beers they had.

And they brew it about 15 minutes from my house at their beautiful Mills River plant. Awesome brewery. They went all out. Too bad NC never implemented that train to Asheville.

Budweiser is supposed to be a German beer brewed in America, but now bought by Germans.
Actually, they were bought by Belgians (well Belgians/Brazilians to be more precise.)
Budweiser is actually originally Budweiser Budvar which is a Czech Beer and a very good one at that far better than American Budweiser.

I don't think so - Budvar is a different company and has been in trademark disputes with the US Budweiser for quite a spell -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budweiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back