Visit to Denver Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tumbleweed

OBS Chief
Visited Denver Union Station this weekend....It was very impressive and it certainly breathed a new life into the building! I was happy to see the outside of the building was relatively untouched with the exception of the overhang in front, which actually looks quite nice....Here's some pics.....

DUS1.jpg

DUS2.jpg

DUS3.jpg

DUS5.jpg

DUS7.jpg

DUS9A.jpg

DUS9D.jpg

DUS9E.jpg

DUS9F.jpg

DUS9H.jpg

Oh, beautiful! Looks like you are not the only one taking pictures. I also love to see the concessions right in the station! Last time I was at that station I had to go down the street for a coffee (of course, the morning walk did not hurt me at all, LOL). And the temporary station was not in a location that encouraged walking at all, and had nothing but machines if I remember correctly. So it's really nice to think that the next time I go that way, I will get a real treat with the new station.

Thanks so much for posting.

Looks great, as a lot of new stations do these days (check out Liege Guillemins in Belgium for example - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li%C3%A8ge-Guillemins_railway_station), but the station roof, if you can call it that, unfortunately is all style and no substance.

The designers and whoever signed off on the design ought to be forced to sample everything mother nature can throw at them whilst they attempt to shelter under it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back