Upset at AGR Free Gift Promo

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diesteldorf

Lead Service Attendant
Granted, it was free. However, when I received my 5 free upgrade coupons, I was disappointed to learn that they were the 1 hour, not the 2 day advance, kind.

If I had known that, I would've taken the companion upgrades as it is very difficult to use the 1 hour coupons on Acela. As someone that lives outside the NE Corridor, I normally just buy Business Class outright as it is cheap and not with the chance of missing out. I was planning to use the coupons on a couple trips to New York.

I am Select + and wish it would've been clarified before I had chosen them.

Is this to imply that you actually received your coupons?

If so, when did they arrive?

I registered on July 1, the day I received the email. The auto-response said I'd get them in 4-6 weeks. It's now 7 weeks later.

Granted, it was free. However, when I received my 5 free upgrade coupons, I was disappointed to learn that they were the 1 hour, not the 2 day advance, kind.
If I had known that, I would've taken the companion upgrades as it is very difficult to use the 1 hour coupons on Acela. As someone that lives outside the NE Corridor, I normally just buy Business Class outright as it is cheap and not with the chance of missing out. I was planning to use the coupons on a couple trips to New York.

I am Select + and wish it would've been clarified before I had chosen them.
I got them yesterday.

Back