Upgrade on trip purchased with points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lonnie

Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
I've got tickets for nyp-nhv coach tomorrow, purchased with points. I can't find a way to use my upgrade coupon. I'm assuming that's because you can't use two kinds of rewards on the same trip. Is that correct? Can't even bid up, or so it tells me.

I've got tickets for nyp-nhv coach tomorrow, purchased with points. I can't find a way to use my upgrade coupon. I'm assuming that's because you can't use two kinds of rewards on the same trip. Is that correct? Can't even bid up, or so it tells me.
See #8:

UPGRADE COUPONS - 12 HOUR

Coupon Restrictions​

1. Coupon valid for one (1) space-available, one-way, One-Class Upgrade.
  2. Valid only from Coach class to Business class, or from Acela® Business class to Acela First class, on a single travel segment or leg.
  3. Not valid for upgrade to sleeping car accommodations.
  4. Not eligible for use with 10-trip, monthly or other multiride tickets.
  5. Subject to availability; upgrade not available on all trains at all times.
  6. Upgrade may be combined with corporate, senior, disabled and military discounts.
  7. Upgrades cannot be combined with other discounts or coupons.
  8. Not valid on Amtrak Guest Rewards redemption travel.
  9. Offer is not valid on the following services: Adirondack®, Auto Train®, California Zephyr®, Capitol Limited®, Cardinal®, City of New Orleans®, Crescent®, Empire Builder®, Keystone Service®, Lake Shore Limited®, Silver Meteor®, Silver Star®, Southwest Chief®, Sunset Limited®, Texas Eagle®, and train/Thruway series 7000 – 8999.
  10. This Coupon# is unique to your coupon and valid for one use only. Buying or selling this coupon is prohibited and will invalidate the coupon. Coupon may be transferred to a family member or friend.
  11. Other restrictions may apply.

Back