Transportation out of Alvarado Transportation Center

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

travelchick45

Train Attendant
We will be arriving on the SW Chief in to ABQ on a Sunday. From what I can see the Railrunner shuttle to the Airport doesn't run on Sunday. We have a car rental with Hertz booked at the airport location because we got a great deal and because I don't trust the train to be on time and still have the downtown car rental locations open.

So what is the best way to get from the Amtrak Station to the Airport on a Sunday? Just a cab?

In other cities, Hertz has paid the cab for me to go out to the airport when I have a downtown reservation and a late train. If I pre-pay, this also avoids airport fees. You might call them.

Uber? I use them a lot around Albuquerque and find them cheaper than cabs. Plus they usually show up in about 5 minutes. I called a cab this past Monday and it took 45 minutes to arrive.

We're

So does the station have an actual Taxi stand that the cabs line up and wait for fares at or would we need to call a cab once we arrive?

A couple months ago I took the SWC through ABQ and saw cabs lined up at the station - can't say that's always the case but it was so both times I walked around during the ABQ stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back