Transdorm luggage storage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, the luggage racks typically found on the Lower Level are there. Where the Lower Level Coach Seats/ Roomettes are usually located is an open space with a table and a couple chairs for the Crew, but usually only the Conductor(s) will "hide out" in there and do paperwork.

There is (same as any Superliner). However, often it is filled with train supplies, linens, etc.

You will board the train thru the 0831 car. Roomettes 17, 18, 19 & 20 are on the upper level closest to the vestibule doors to the 0831. The 0831 SCA is the attendant responsible for these four rooms.

Generally you'll use the luggage storage area in the 0831 car. Sometimes there is an empty conductor's office room nearest the vestibule door which some attendants use for storage of supplies and passenger's luggage.

I really liked the transdorm on the TE. There were two bathrooms upstairs, and they both had showers. It was also pretty quiet, since half the car was crew.

The luggage rack in the lower level of the dorm car us typically occupied with some supplies and the crew's clean and dirty linen.

On #8, are the sleeping cars at the front of the train? (since the OP will be in the Transdorm). If so, that's interesting -- the only train I've ridden sleeper is the CZ, where they are on the rear. Or is it because of the 8/28 combining at Spokane? (both originating cities sending sleepers in their consist?). Just wondering.

Since the EB splits/combines at SPK, the setup is different. The transdorm, SEA sleepers, Dining Car and SEA coaches are up front, and the Sightseer Lounge, PDX coaches and the PDX sleeper are on the second half. The Sightseer back goes to/comes from PDX and the rest goes to/comes from SEA.

One time when I was in the Transdorm I was standing at the luggage rack moving some of my packed things from one grip to another. The Conductor came down and said feel free to spread out in the office area if I needed a little more room and if I wanted to, leave my grips against the forward bulkhead in the office so they wouldn't get buried. I took him up on the offer.

Otherwise since that is Crew space I stay out of there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back