Train Simulator 2014 is Out (As of 9/26/13)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently for the free Surfliner route they are giving away, they do not hand out the codes at NTD. They handed out cards telling you to go to www.train-simulator.com/nationaltrainday and to give an email and name. Only thing is, it states the code will be sent within 48 hours. I hope it is sooner than that!

Anyone who cannot make it to NTD, there you go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did take advantage of that. It's a nice add-on, but the braking is terrible! It takes 30-45 seconds after my brake handle hits release for the brakes to be released.
So they still haven't fixed the surfliner brakes? huh. figures. An easy way to mitigate the problem is to add one superliner coach to the consist using the consist editor. The brakes should apply and release normally after that.

In the process of developing the railworks AEM-7DC sound pack. As stated in the video, I would like other player's opinions on which bell they feel suites the AEM-7DC better. Enjoy and comment away =)

Hm, I have been trying to use your F59PHI modded files and I keep getting an error message that track.bin cannot be loaded.

Edit: Just downloaded the RAR from that website and it looks like the mediafire version is missing a few files. Will try to see if it works now.

Edit: Nope, does not work. Oh, well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, I have been trying to use your F59PHI modded files and I keep getting an error message that track.bin cannot be loaded.

Edit: Just downloaded the RAR from that website and it looks like the mediafire version is missing a few files. Will try to see if it works now.

Edit: Nope, does not work. Oh, well.
That has been a bug that I've been aware of for a little while now. I think it has something to do with an update that was applied to the game engine some time ago. I'm still searching for a solution. Bear with me.

Hi,

Did you notice too that in DC mode the engine keeps smoking ? It shouldn't be the case.

Bye
Nothing DTG releases is perfect; there will always be inaccuracy issues / bugs in some form or another. That's just the way things are. That's why there are also 3rd party developers like myself who develop and release mod packs that attempt to correct these issues.

Back