Top bunk for 7 years old

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

searevita

Is it safe to put a child on top bunk? We have 2 roommettes for our EB trip on DEc 26. Me, my husband and 2 boys 7 and 10. My husband is tall, so he will need a lower bunk, I want lower one too! Is it safe to put boys on top ones?

Last edited:
Top bunks have a safety net so that anyone on the top bunk should have no problems in the event of sudden jolts and bumps. I'm 6 feet and 270+ pounds and if it holds me in, your boys will be just fine.

Have fun!!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I can add, as a parent myself, that I have always felt it was safe for my kid to be in the top bunk. I just have to express caution when they are actually climbing up and down.

I just read this thread to my 8 year old granddaughter who has top-bunk experience with the CS, the CL, and the CS. She says to tell you the top bunk will be great fun and perfectly safe you your boys. (BTW, she is very jealous of your sons. She has to wait till June for her next long distance trip!)

I just read this thread to my 8 year old granddaughter who has top-bunk experience with the CS, the CL, and the CS. She says to tell you the top bunk will be great fun and perfectly safe you your boys. (BTW, she is very jealous of your sons. She has to wait till June for her next long distance trip!)
My daughter rode in the top bunks since she was 3 (she is now 21). She'd basically set up a little "fort" up there. Perfectly safe as long as you are in the room.

I think they like it up there more than adults do. You do have the net so it shouldn't be a problem. They can also climb up easier or be boosted up.

Length is the same upper and lower, so no issue with height. Kids like top bunk; window on lower bunk.....

Our 5 yr old granddaughter slept in the top bunk on a Superliner (AutoTrain). I never felt there was any danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back