toilet paper quality

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I last took the SS LTD in 2010 and the Amtrak issued toilet paper was slick as it could be. Has it improved any since then?
Sounds like you should bring your own.

And with that, I'm wiping my hands of this topic... :blink: :unsure: :eek:hboy:

The Soapstone Sand Paper Company recently announced a ten year extension of their contract with Amtrak to provide toilet paper. It passed the bleeding hemoroid test for the 15th consecutive year :lol:

Years ago when I went to Europe, one would often encounter slippery toilet paper like wax paper. This may have been Amtrak's ploy to make you think you are riding a Europeon train! I liked the old grungy toilets on our ancient cummuter trains in New Jersey that emptied directly onto the tracks. If the air currents were right, sometimes the TP would blow right back in your face. This topic could really go places.............

I wonder if the paper used by Amtrak is designed to not clog the extremely sensitive vacuum flush system and if using regular paper would cause problems? Otherwise, I agree. It isn't nice.

Years ago I worked for Pennsylvania DOT, and the paper in the office bathrooms was horrid. Our joke was PennDOT got the paper that had been rejected by the state prison system because of the fear of a "cruel and unusual punishment" lawsuits. We all had a supply of product in our desks for personal use.

Its not comfortable when you are forced to use toilet paper that feels just like newspaper. Tf they are concerned about toilet clogging they should switch to Scotts white. That paper is so soft it nearly disolves in water.

Oh no!
ohmy.gif
It's the rebirth of the "never ending wipe" thread!
ohmy.gif

(da da, da da, da da, da da
t107020.gif
)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if the paper used by Amtrak is designed to not clog the extremely sensitive vacuum flush system and if using regular paper would cause problems? Otherwise, I agree. It isn't nice.

Years ago I worked for Pennsylvania DOT, and the paper in the office bathrooms was horrid. Our joke was PennDOT got the paper that had been rejected by the state prison system because of the fear of a "cruel and unusual punishment" lawsuits. We all had a supply of product in our desks for personal use.
PRR 60

You win the grand prize for today, yes the paper is specifically for the waste systems!

By the way many of you don't know the brand name of the TP Amtrak uses, it is John Wayne toilet paper. It is rough and tough and doesn't take any cr-p from anyone!

:help: :eek:hboy: :help:

Just be glad that Amtrak has toilet paper. When we lived in Asia a few years ago, most

public restrooms did not have toilet paper at all, even the KCRC train from Hong Kong to

Guongzhou!! The high speed hovercraft from Hong Kong to Macau did have toilet paper.

I see I am going to be the butt of the jokes and puns on this thread. Will the moderator PLEASE close this thread as the question has been answered. We don't need 200 postings of puns on this.

I see I am going to be the butt of the jokes and puns on this thread. Will the moderator PLEASE close this thread as the question has been answered. We don't need 200 postings of puns on this.
Scott, your request shows that you don't understand the social-dynamic (or is it ANTIsocial dynamics) of this forum. And the Mods will come in with the crappiest (pun intended) puns of all.

Question - do you have a special sensitivity about TP? With your name it wouldn't be a great shock :giggle:

The Soapstone Sand Paper Company recently announced a ten year extension of their contract with Amtrak to provide toilet paper. It passed the bleeding hemoroid test for the 15th consecutive year :lol:
:giggle:

Thank you We're currently working on getting through the test for the 16th year.

If this is the case, one rolll of our quality Soapstone Sand Paper® will be sent to every Amtral Guest Rewards Select Member for free.

Enjoy!

Dr. Warren Butt

Managing Director Soapstone Sand Paper Company.

Seriously: Has there been ever any issues with the very restroom paper on Amtrak tains?

PS: This forum has been a very nice & polite place - until this very thread has been started.

You mean the thread should be interred?
I agree this thread should be flushed out of sight, and the lid closed very tightly!

By the way many of you don't know the brand name of the TP Amtrak uses, it is John Wayne toilet paper. It is rough and tough and doesn't take any cr-p from anyone!

:help: :eek:hboy: :help:
It's so tough it makes you want to hold it in Pilgrim. :lol:

Backdoor moderating is never appreciated especially since use of the search function would have shown the last thread on this topic and saved you a load of crap. :cool: :lol: :lol:

Someone said elsewhere they brought seat sanitizer, deodorizer and Lysol for their roomette. I see no reason not to bring a handy carry on with basic needs to include a soft toilet tissue, a roll or two and bowl brush.

In the Amtrak Chicago Metropolitan waiting area, there used to be a restroom machine that automatically covered the toilet seat as first line protection against rare tropical disease, I was truly overwhelmed by that. See I had never been to the big city before and did not know where to turn when Sears ended catalog services.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see no reason not to bring a handy carry on with basic needs to include a soft toilet tissue, a roll or two and bowl brush.
As noted earlier in this topic, the reason not to bring your own TP is that you could kill the entire toilet/vacuum system in the car by using it. The system isn't designed to deal with every type of TP on the market.

So unless you relish the idea of no working toilets in your car for 2 days on a trek across the country, there is a very good reason for not bringing your own TP.

I see no reason not to bring a handy carry on with basic needs to include a soft toilet tissue, a roll or two and bowl brush.
As noted earlier in this topic, the reason not to bring your own TP is that you could kill the entire toilet/vacuum system in the car by using it. The system isn't designed to deal with every type of TP on the market.

So unless you relish the idea of no working toilets in your car for 2 days on a trek across the country, there is a very good reason for not bringing your own TP.
I'd like to know if anyone at Amtrak has any recommendations as to what brands would be beneficial to both their disposal systems and the disposers. I'd almost bet no one can be found to answer same!What a slushy topic. :wacko:

You can get by with the Amtrak toilet paper and it won't kill you but bringing a spray can of Lysol along is benefical as it will help sanitize the bathroom. Lysol will kill 99.9% of all virus, e-coli and other dangerous germs. We use it on the toilet seat, around the shower and especially on the shower floor where if you don't use it, you can and will catch a case of athletes feet. You need to spray it and wait a couple of minutes for it to work. Then you should be safe. As for the beds; you can buy a safe, natural organic bedbug spray that will keep the vermin at bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back