Toilet Locks

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AmtrakBlue said:
1342121108[/url]' post='379719']
amtrakwolverine said:
1342119810[/url]' post='379712']
Shanghai said:
1342079130[/url]' post='379615']
amtrakwolverine said:
1342078928[/url]' post='379613']We had one member during the STL gathering get locked in the restroom.
I think she made a Wrong Turn too!!
OK 2 members. Penny got locked in the room shower the other member got locked in the bathroom on the river runner.
Where's Penlny to defend herself? Is she locked up somewhere? :eek:
She's probably plaing with her new toy (an iPod) that she got this week so she doesn't make wrong turns!
mosking.gif
She told me she was practicing turning it on and off!
laugh.gif

AmtrakBlue said:
1342121108[/url]' post='379719']
amtrakwolverine said:
1342119810[/url]' post='379712']
Shanghai said:
1342079130[/url]' post='379615']
amtrakwolverine said:
1342078928[/url]' post='379613']We had one member during the STL gathering get locked in the restroom.
I think she made a Wrong Turn too!!
OK 2 members. Penny got locked in the room shower the other member got locked in the bathroom on the river runner.
Where's Penlny to defend herself? Is she locked up somewhere? :eek:
She's probably plaing with her new toy (an iPod) that she got this week so she doesn't make wrong turns!
mosking.gif
She told me she was practicing turning it on and off!
laugh.gif
I guess my "ears were burning" and/or I received an email suggesting that my name was being mentioned in the toilet thread. :lol: Yes, Dave, I have been spending a lot of time playing with my new iPod Touch. It is very cool and I did figure out how to turn it on and off (with the help of a twenty something year old) :lol: Believe it or not, I did get some work done at my office today.

I was not technically locked in the restroom in my bedroom on the Coast Starlight on the way to the Seattle Gathering, but the lock was broken and I was able to get out. When the SCA and LSA came to my room to investigate, the lock completely broke and the door had to be opened with a crow bar. :eek: I did not switch rooms because there were none available. I was not able to completely close my restroom door for the rest of the trip. I managed with duct tape and towels and received a voucher.

It only applied to flights in and out of Washington Reagon (DCA), and it is long gone.
Let me get this straight. An incident happens on a flight to Detroit. Homeland Security imposes a new rule and applies it to WASHINGTON? Now, I know better than to expect logic, but I hope people can see the obvious problem here. Was it the Homeland Security management trying to protect ITSELF? You don't have a link to where you found this out?
No, the restriction that required passengers to stay in their seats on flights arriving/departing DCA (that is, stay in their seats longer than would be usual practice for flights into/out of other airports) was a post-9/11 restriction that had nothing to do with the "underwear bomber."

As far as I know, the only restrictions that were applied due to the underwear bomber applied to inbound international flights: pilots weren't allowed to mention points of interest over the P.A. system, electronic "moving map" displays were disabled, and United pilots weren't allowed to activate Channel 9 (the audio channel that lets passengers listen in on the pilot's air traffic control transmissions). Those restrictions were canceled relatively quickly.

Since I'm doing a plane trip, I think I need to find out if they ever rescinded the rule that came from the underwear bomber where there were blackout periods for bathroom use. (Travel just gets more complicated every time you look)
At least they don't make you remove your underwear at "Security" and put it thru the X-Ray, like they do shoes!
ohmy.gif
You didn't hear about the new airport policy?

hx4wnk.jpg

What really happened is this guy is a frequent traveler. A TSA agent goobermint Kabuki dancer said they got an

indication of 'nitrates' (suggesting explosives) on his person. The guy fed up with the harassment and intrusive

groping tactics stripped in protest to show he didn't have explosives on his person.

Since this security theater is reactive rather than proactive to the latest threats, many in the past have joked how

this might be how we are required to fly. After all, explosives in body cavities are not detectable IIRC.

The sliding restroom doors on Chicago's Metra bilevel cars often slide open during travel if unlocked. Hilarity can ensue. :giggle:

Since I'm doing a plane trip, I think I need to find out if they ever rescinded the rule that came from the underwear bomber where there were blackout periods for bathroom use. (Travel just gets more complicated every time you look)
At least they don't make you remove your underwear at "Security" and put it thru the X-Ray, like they do shoes!
ohmy.gif
You didn't hear about the new airport policy?

hx4wnk.jpg

What really happened is this guy is a frequent traveler. A TSA agent goobermint Kabuki dancer said they got an

indication of 'nitrates' (suggesting explosives) on his person. The guy fed up with the harassment and intrusive

groping tactics stripped in protest to show he didn't have explosives on his person.

Since this security theater is reactive rather than proactive to the latest threats, many in the past have joked how

this might be how we are required to fly. After all, explosives in body cavities are not detectable IIRC.
Go to the airport in a speedo and you, too, have this option.

I find that sometimes you have to pull on the door to slide the lock all the way. To me, it is pretty obvious when the lock has slid all the way to locked. But you can always test it to see if you can open the door.
I've never met a lav lock that didn't work. I don't understand why people do not check that the door is locked.
And, this is so much worse with the shower.

I find that sometimes you have to pull on the door to slide the lock all the way. To me, it is pretty obvious when the lock has slid all the way to locked. But you can always test it to see if you can open the door.
I've never met a lav lock that didn't work. I don't understand why people do not check that the door is locked.
And, this is so much worse with the shower.
I found an old music hall song about this (not a railroad song as such) to the tune of "oh, dear what can the matter be?"

There are already umpteen verses - some most not quite proper -- most typical embarrassments of daily life have centuries-old songs about them.

The verse about Mrs Mason was particularly disturbing to me.

Never, never lock yourself in while trying to lock others out.

And - couldn't figure out what smileys to use on this one

Last edited by a moderator:
On my recent trips, I've gone into a toilet, slid the lock, and then had someone turn the knob outside and just open the door on me. Are all these locks broken? Seems like when the ceiling lights are on, people don't know to look for them, either. Too bad the doors can't open in, but with the tiny size of the room, I guess that's physically impossible.
It just happened to me. I was just in Superliner I Sleeper 32047 and the upper level toilet lock kept sliding open and somebody opened the door at a very bad time! It did not happen previously on Superliner I Sleeper 32038. The latter did not have a window in the toilet, the former did, so I guess they have different locks as well. Though on 32038 the lock was very hard to push in, the 32047 was a lot easier to push in, a lot easier to slide out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back