To all our east coast members

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Dave, I did wave just in case:)

Now waiting for 2259 at South Station. This time I will zip by KIN at 150 hopefully. There is still a lot of work going on with many slow orders and single tracking, so one never knows what will happen for sure.

Good Morning,

We have the whole family at the office this morning. There is a Dunkin Donuts shop nearby, so we are having this

stuff for breakfast. It is cold last night and today. We had a fire in the fireplace last night and lit the gas stove in

the kitchen this morning. Brought clean clothes for the kids to the office and dressed them here. Going to church

in a little while where there is power, then to lunch and then back to the office. It is amazing what you can do in a

crisis. Archie is with us at the office too. I have noticed a behavior change in Archie. I think he wants to go home.

I received an e-mail from a friend in Chatham saying that 98% of the power should be restored by Sunday night.

I plan to stay with Elizabeth until her situation improves. We are lucky to have the office with power, heat & phone.

I hope Jis and Piotr get power soon. Jis is in the town next to mine.
Hang in there Dick. My mother and sister's family are not to far from you in the Herricks section of New Hyde Park. They are also still without power and the rumors are circulating that it might take until Wednesday for power to be restored. Like you my family are coping with things and they are fortunate to have natural gas for the stove to cook and a fireplace for warmth. Maybe when this is all over you can visit your wife's family in Thomasville and you can share your experience with us.

piotr has had his power restored. i just received a text. :)

piotr has had his power restored. i just received a text. :)
And then lost it 18 hrs later for 5 hours.

After that I went to work Monday and have been working 6AM-5PM evey weekday. Since I had no internet till Wednesday, and kept losing it till Friday, I was barely able to catch-up on my Internet reading :) :wacko: :help: . Texting is a wonderful tool, since cell phone service still sucks. I was driving and got stuck at malfunctioning traffic light, I called it in to 911 to report it on my cell and was answered by PD 2 towns away (FYI 35 at Smith St in Perth Amboy was answered by Metuchen) and then finally rerouted to proper PD dispatcher .

Back