This could get interesting...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

had8ley

Engineer
As I have already stated we've gone full circle in a week's time about the LAX-SAS-NOL corridor. I suggest the NOL official who wants to take three years to train crews and the west coast crowd who wants a Golden State and a variety of other configurations yesterday, meet half-way at SAS for a midnight show down. The loser has to ride the baggage car to Miami on the first CONO that goes there. They could stop and christen the new depots in Beaumont and Mobile on the way... :p

And I honestly wonder?

If the person who heard the report mis-spoke and meant 3 months vs. 3 years regrading the training? Or did the Amtrak Spokesperson lapse into "Amspeak?" :D

You need to wonder! After all, the SL East has been "temporarily" suspended for umteen years - so maybe Amtrak needs 3 years! :rolleyes:

Hey, I'm going to "temporarily" suspend my mortgage payments for the same time! I'm sure the bank has the same meaning of "temporary" as Amtrak does! :rolleyes:

For the record, it wasn't a NOL-based Amtrak rep, it was Brian Rosenwald from Amtrak corporate.

Also of note from the meeting...

"Mr. Rosenwald admitted that Amtrak did not handle the Sunset situation as well as they could have."

Gee....you think? It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that one out. Amtrak has done a great job in alienating a bunch of cities along the Gulf Coast. The train could have been running since '06, but they chose to use Katrina as a scapegoat long after the tracks were repaired. It's pathetic.

For the record, it wasn't a NOL-based Amtrak rep, it was Brian Rosenwald from Amtrak corporate.
Hey, he can ride in the baggage car too !!!
I am sure it will be the last car of the train that he will ride along with his boss. Only the name of the car will be Beech Grove. ;)

I am sure it will be the last car of the train that he will ride along with his boss. Only the name of the car will be Beech Grove. ;)
I just wonder what his boss would say if indeed he did say it would take two and half to three years to train crews for SL service. He might be washing the Beech Grove after his explanation, or distinct lack of, instead of riding it. :eek:

I just wonder what his boss would say if indeed he did say it would take two and half to three years to train crews for SL service. He might be washing the Beech Grove after his explanation, or distinct lack of, instead of riding it. :eek:
His current boss? He first has to figure out if he will be around that long ;) Knowing Brian, I would be exceedingly surprised if his boss was not already aware of what he was going to say.

Now if we are talking figurative bosses like the President or the Vice-President (bless his soul, after he figures out that cars will not be driving through the new NJT Hudson Tunnels), the SecDOT or the Congress, they don't really control who washes Beech Grove and who does not. They just provide money (or not) to run the shovels .... er.... welding torches and screwdrivers I am afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back