There are some cool pics in this article

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing. I found it very interesting, especially once I figured out the 'full screen' view showed captions for each photo.

Got a chuckle out of the old uniforms.

image.jpg

The lady in photo 17 was a coworker of mine. For many years, she was one of my supervisors. She retired a couple years ago with almost 40 years' Amtrak service, most of it onboard. She's a charming, witty, bright, and caring lady who is still very active in the arts during her retirement. One of Amtrak's all-time best. An all-star.

Tom

I certainly remember the Turbo trains, and I was fortunate to have a ride on the German ICE train when it had a trial run on the NE corridor in a test for the new Acela, which it lost. That was c. 1993.

Wonderful share. A great book filled with 1970s Amtrak photos is Amtrak Trains and Travel by Patrick Dorin published in 1979. I think I checked that book out of the library 10 times as a kid, and my wife bought a copy for me a couple of Christmases ago. If you liked these photos, at the very least, it's worth seeing if your library has it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back