The two-bottles-of-water-per-person rule.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slightly off topic but do you ever wonder why the bottles of water have a exp date. It's cause after that time the water can collect a funny taste and absorb chemicals from the bottle.

My question about the potable water isn't about the sources (the cities/systems where Amtrak gets its water along its routes), but the tanks themselves. Potable water tanks need to be flushed, sanitized, and tested regularly. Based on the state of repair of almost every Amtrak car I've ever encountered, I doubt they are cleaned as often as they should.

I can't find any American tests, but the Canadian government investigated the potable water on airplanes a few years ago and found it lacking - in fact, 15% of airplane potable water tanks tested positive for dangerous bacteria. I'd be shocked if Amtrak cars are any cleaner.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/05/12/airplane-drinking-water-safety_n_5302498.html
Shhhhh, it won't hurt you if you don't think about it. lalalalalalala I can't hear you. lalalalala I can't see you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back