The Official Onboard Sleeper Upgrade Thread

Discussion in 'Amtrak FAQs & First-Time Rider Info' started by DaveKCMO, Jan 2, 2007.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

1. May 29, 2009 #101

yarrow

y

yarrow

Conductor

so it looks like on board purchases of accomodations at a lower bucket than available for the ticket agent are a thing of the past. i wonder if amtrak still calls coach passengers a day or two before departure offering lower bucket accomodations when they have a lot to sell? they have called us with such an offer a couple times in the past

2. Nov 2, 2009 #102

sunchaser

sunchaser

sunchaser

Conductor

We were able to upgrade from a roomette to a deluxe bedroom (E) on the #5 California Zephyr from Grand Junction, Co to Salt Lake City, Ut on Oct 28th for $50.00!

It was a great deal! The Conductor insisted that even if we were coming from coach, the price would be the same.

3. Nov 2, 2009 #103

Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Bob Dylan

Conductor

I was able to upgrade on the LSL last month in CHI from coach to a roomette for the low bucket price, it was the last one available and this was when the other CHI-NYP sleeper had been bad ordered and they put a sleeper load of pax into a coach which the SCA turned into sort of an ad-hoc slumber coach! (ie they received a refund on the sleeper fare,

still got meals in the dinette and could use the shower and attend the welcome reception in the diner!)

4. Nov 2, 2009 #104

PetalumaLoco

PetalumaLoco

PetalumaLoco

Conductor

We upgraded from a roomette to a bedroom on #3 SWC on the 2nd night out for $88, this last August. We were elated.

5. Jun 26, 2012 #105

VentureForth

VentureForth

VentureForth

Conductor

Another thread prompted me to revive this one. It's facintating seeing the prices on some of these trips. On a trip I took to San Diego from ABQ back in '07, the cost seems to have stayed the same for coach (around $85 each way) but the cost for a sleeper has gone up more than $110.

6. Nov 22, 2012 #106

DET63

D

DET63

Conductor

If you're heading westbound, perhaps the best place to gamble would be a few stops before Albuquerque, say, Las Vegas.*

:D

*Las Vegas, NM, that is.

Draft saved Draft deleted