The Double Points Fall Promotion is back!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I definetly plan to rack up the points!!

Here's how to get 500 points in 34 minutes... and just for $14.40:

334 Hiawatha Service Milwaukee, WI- Airport(MKA)

11:00 am

17-SEP-07

Sturtevant, WI

(SVT)

11:13 am

17-SEP-07 0h 13m 1 Unreserved Coach Seat

Returning: Sturtevant, WI (SVT) To Milwaukee - Airport, WI (MKA)

Service

Departs

333 Hiawatha Service Sturtevant, WI

(SVT)

11:20 am

17-SEP-07 Milwaukee, WI

- Airport

(MKA)

11:34 am

17-SEP-07 0h 14m 1 Unreserved Coach Seat

34 minutes...

200 regular points plus 200 bonus points plus 100 extra points for being AGR select plus = 500 total points

Fare with NRPC discount --- $14.40

This rocks!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Both my girlfriend and I are AGR members, we are going to be in CHI for the get together, is there any cheap and fast trips we can take to amass some quick points?
Al
Well, the Carl Sandberg is in the Weekly Specials for $3.30 to Naperville - From there, you can return on the Illinois Zephyr at $11.00 or just take METRA (If weekends, just get the weekend pass).

Also, Chicago to Joliet on many (but not all) Lincoln Service trains is just $5.00 per person - There's a 9:30 trip out of Union that leaves you an hour in Joliet to train watch before returning on the Northbound Lincoln Service train.

Also, if you're really twisted, you can take much of a day and catch successive Hiwathas along short segments of the line, alight, then catch the next one. However, unless you have something to do at each stop, it might be overkill.

So, with the Double Points in effect, you can each get 600 points for $13.30 over 2 days!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, if you're really twisted, you can take much of a day and catch successive Hiwathas along short segments of the line, alight, then catch the next one. However, unless you have something to do at each stop, it might be overkill.
Well remember that this double point promo only allows for two segments per day, so catching several Hiawathas would only net one 200 bonus points before the cut off. You'd still get the 100 points for all the other segments, but no double points.

Hmmnnnnn, most people think I'm twisted for riding trains and they think I'm really twisted now that my girlfriend is joining AGR and going to an Amtrak Get Together in CHI. You should see the look in peoples' faces when I tell them what we are doing the 12th-15th of October. I'm sure they are smiling, nodding and then walking away going....."have they lost thier minds!" :lol: I'm going to look into getting some points while I'm in CHI. Also, I was looking back at an e-mail that Amtrak shot me in August stating that I could make triple points during the same time period as the double points, so what was that promo and how is it different than the double points promo? I have signed up for both, will I get 5 times the points? (just kidding)

Al

Last years Fall Bonus Promotion had blackout dates through the Thanksgiving Week, yet I still got a double dip for my travels that week.
Why do I have a feeling that computer glitch will be fixed when I rack up 2,000 base points on that week?? :p

Well remember that this double point promo only allows for two segments per day, so catching several Hiawathas would only net one 200 bonus points before the cut off. You'd still get the 100 points for all the other segments, but no double points.
Just a little update: peeking at my account balance, I see where five segments of my eight segment trip on Columbus Day have so far posted to my account. All five have been given the bonus points.

Yes, we just received our points from the return trip on Amtrak Oct 14. Three segments (WAS-Philly): Philly to PGH, and then PGH to Cleveland. All were 100 point trips and each received the bonus points. 600 total. S :rolleyes: uch a deal!! :ph34r:

Back