Teenagers Travelling

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reefgeek

Lead Service Attendant
AU Supporting Member
My 17 and 14 year-old boys want to take Amtrak down to DC to hang out with their cousins for the weekend. WIll they need government photo IDs to do this? They each have a student photo ID from their school. (AND they are exceptionally well behaved...in public... )

There's no issue with them riding the train at this age, is there? I did it back in the 20th century.

My 17 and 14 year-old boys want to take Amtrak down to DC to hang out with their cousins for the weekend. WIll they need government photo IDs to do this? They each have a student photo ID from their school. (AND they are exceptionally well behaved...in public... )

There's no issue with them riding the train at this age, is there? I did it back in the 20th century.
Amtrak has a web page that fully answers your questions. Here:

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=AM_Content_C&pagename=am%2FLayout&cid=1241245658491

Anyone who travels Amtrak frequently would know that they rarely ever check IDs.

Every time I do a ticket transaction I'm asked for id. So if the kids miss a train, or need to be reticketed, they will probably need an id. IMHO a state id is safest and eliminates confusion.

I'm typing this from the Carolinian, Conductor made a passenger get off the train because he didnt have an id. Passenger next to me was asked for ID as well. I have my passport and valid state id, I ain't taking no chances! Ha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back