SWC roomette numbers.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I knew, the initial order was 2, 3, 4, 11, 12, 5, ........... I believe that 9 & 10 are the last to be sold.

That assumes that nothing unusual like special requests interrupts the order. It is also important to remember that the rooms are sold across all cars at the same time. In other words, room 2 in car 10 would sell first, then room 2 in car 11 next, followed by room 2 in the 12 car if there is one. Then room 3 in the 10 car would be the next.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I called AMTRAK this morning and changed my roomette reservation from #2 to #11 both ways. I've read all the posts which have been very helpful in making this decision in light of the fact that this will be my first roomette experience and second ride on the SWC CHI > LAX RT. I liked that #11 butts up against the luggage rack on one side and another roomette on the other, only 3 other roomette neighbors plus a family bedroom on that end of the car, I think there's an additional toilet (2) rather than (1) upstairs for 10 roomettes, convenience to the shower (although how many can one take in 2 days), easy off/on at stops and less aisle way traffic. Less side to side rolling which I experienced in coach last time and made book reading difficult. I won't mind the rail noise others have warned against. And I plan to shoot some photographs from the roomette window and I prefer being on the lower level for that. So we'll see how all that goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back