Sunset Limited today 2/10 into New Orleans

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Three hours and ten minutes late! What happened? :eek:
It's almost Mardi Gras and some people just have to start partying before they get to New Orleans which gets them put off the train at an earlier stop. There are many ways the Sunset gets delayed; the last of which is the Huey Long bridge which is only 15 minutes from backing into NOL. Ten years ago this would have been an early arrival compared to the 12-16 delays. BTW, there are four private cars spotted at NOUPT~ I could only get the road name off of one~ Central Pacific. I suspect they're live occupied for Mardi Gras~ anyone know on what train they came into town?

It's almost Mardi Gras and some people just have to start partying before they get to New Orleans which gets them put off the train at an earlier stop. There are many ways the Sunset gets delayed; the last of which is the Huey Long bridge which is only 15 minutes from backing into NOL. Ten years ago this would have been an early arrival compared to the 12-16 delays. BTW, there are four private cars spotted at NOUPT~ I could only get the road name off of one~ Central Pacific. I suspect they're live occupied for Mardi Gras~ anyone know on what train they came into town?
Those cars are in storage so to speak, till the owner uses them when he wants. I saw them when I took a trip on WWW.Americanrail.com to New Orleans at New Years trip.

Was in NOUPT this past weekend (2-7-09) for the Krewe Du Vieux parade....as we were backing the CONO in, I saw these private cars to the left. One Central Pacific attached to three Santa Fe stainless cars. Looked like some fun to me.

Also, on the right side was a nice old heavy Pullman named the Patron Tequila Express. Someone told me it was Dan Akroyd's private car?!?!?!?! Anyone heard of this? It was an old GM n O Pullman observation car. Looked plush on the inside!

The Sunset Limited demonstrates astonishingly good on time performance for once. Come on, are we forgetting the routinely 10-12 hour late Sunset Limiteds of just a few years ago?

True true.
The Sunset running late. My arrival on the Sunset into NOLA was 10 mins early. Every stop from SAS to NOLA was right on time in fact. :) Been a good trip so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back