SUNSET LIMITED ARRIVES ON TIME

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trogdor

BURNiNATOR
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!

Amtrak train 1(19), which originated in New Orleans on September 20, arrived in Los Angeles at 6:42 this morning, just 2 minutes off its scheduled 6:40 arrival time.

This is cause for a celebration!

I saw #1 leave on the 20th while I was at the station. She looked sharp, appeared to have eight cars and the usual two ponies. Nice crowd got on the train as well.

rmadisonwi said:
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!
Amtrak train 1(19), which originated in New Orleans on September 20, arrived in Los Angeles at 6:42 this morning, just 2 minutes off its scheduled 6:40 arrival time.

This is cause for a celebration!
False hope. It was two minutes late so it was late. I expect the trains to arrive the second they are supposed to and not a minute more or a minute less. :p

Wasn't David Gunn scheduled to make a visit to LA at some point?

Two minutes late is still on time in their book but now that this has happened I am going to be headed to my fall-out shelter since I know the end of the world must be near... B)

BNSF_1088 said:
engine999 said:
:eek: THE SKY IS FALLING   :lol:
DOT allows LD trains to be on time up to 30 min after the Arival time.
The thirty minute tolerence is an Amtrak standard (for trips in excess of 300 miles), not DOT. DOT does not have a standard for rail on-time reporting. For air, the DOT tolerence is 14 minutes. Any flight up to 15 or more minutes late is late regardless of distance traveled.

That still isnt good enough! They need to learn to be either on time or early!!! I dont care if its 2 minuttes or two days!!! They are late either way!

When will they learn

Gavin

Ps. For those slow pokes this was a joke ! :D

Looks like the Sunset Limited's back to "normal", # 1 departed Tucson 7 hours late this morning. :rolleyes:

Word has it on another forum that some vandals etresspassed into the BNSF yard, cut about 50 or so cars loose, and then sent tham two miles down-grade to where the UP train was occupying the crossover. The cars then collided with the UP trains, thus causing the interruption of service.

Back