Sunset Limited Arrival in Los Angeles

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Comfort is relative. Compared to a "Club Acela"? Yes, it doesn't measure up. Compared to the hard plastic circa 1972 torture devices in the Main Waiting Room? It's an upgrade.
If I ever arrive at NOLA with no money in my pocket and a 1972 calendar on the wall I'll keep your advice in mind. Except the "upgraded" Magnolia room won't actually exist yet. Holy paradoxes Batman.

Agreed. While I'd prefer a real bed, if I was making the overnight connection from a late Sunset Limited to an early-morning next-day Crescent, I'd seriously consider the Magnolia Room with a nap to follow aboard the Crescent immediately after breakfast.
If the Magnolia room didn't already sound like a waste of space it apparently now includes whatever remnants and detritus were left by people who used it as a cheap flophouse the previous night. If it's anything like the places where I have worked the fact that it's usually locked probably means that it is cleaned far less often and has fewer eyeballs keeping tabs on things.

Comfort is relative. Compared to a "Club Acela"? Yes, it doesn't measure up. Compared to the hard plastic circa 1972 torture devices in the Main Waiting Room? It's an upgrade.
If I ever arrive at NOLA with no money in my pocket and a 1972 calendar on the wall I'll keep your advice in mind. Except the "upgraded" Magnolia room won't actually exist yet. Holy paradoxes Batman.

Agreed. While I'd prefer a real bed, if I was making the overnight connection from a late Sunset Limited to an early-morning next-day Crescent, I'd seriously consider the Magnolia Room with a nap to follow aboard the Crescent immediately after breakfast.
If the Magnolia room didn't already sound like a waste of space it apparently now includes whatever remnants and detritus were left by people who used it as a cheap flophouse the previous night. If it's anything like the places where I have worked the fact that it's usually locked probably means that it is cleaned far less often and has fewer eyeballs keeping tabs on things.
When I passed through the Magnolia Room in May of 2012 it was worn and shabby, but when I visited in March of last year it had been redecorated with new paint and furniture and it looked a hundred percent better. Have you seen it since then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back